PDA

View Full Version : Loose Injector Wiring????

HD=HossDiesel
03-25-2005, 16:02
Well at 56,000 GM and myself are on a collision course. On way to work truck started to "stumble" very slightly under moderate throttle (also would miss occasionally at idle) After work truck ran OK drove a few miles and started to really run poorly before going into limp mode. I changed fuel filter and all seemed OK for a few more miles and then it went into limp mode and never came out. Well after 2 days of diagnosing this problem at dealer (with my having to rent a car because they say they wont cover it after 36,000 miles) They called me today and they have the answer(Maybe). Loose wiring harness at the injector. Only problem is they have to remove the Valve Covers to get at the Little buggers! COST FOR THIS $800 + 80 diagnostic time, then tighten up some nut which is supposed to hold said wiring in place. Cost covered by warranty $0000 according to GM this is not a warranty issue!!! :mad: :confused: Well I was just curious if anyone else has had any similar injector problems. My service manager is hoping when they pull it apart they find bad injectors and not loose wiring. Anyone who has heard of any similar issues feel free to respond here on the Board or by E-mail @ Hosanova@aol.com

Thanx for any replies

Hoss

DmaxMaverick
03-25-2005, 17:38
Your problem should be covered under warranty. The original engine warranty is for 100K miles, and includes all internal parts. Well, it's GM's fault they put the injectors inside the engine. I'd fight this one tooth and nail.

That is, if your problem is as they say.

HD=HossDiesel
03-27-2005, 06:03
Oh I intend to persuade them as politely as I can! I already informed the Service Manager that I was likely going to need to speak with the area GMC service Rep. I'm just disapointed that any of this is necesary. I work for the company and I understand things happen. I just want them to take care of it. They offer 100K warranty and thats the reason I haven't traded this one in yet. I'm a 3rd Generation Employee and I've driven GM since I got my Liscense. I don't even test drive the competitors when I buy. I already told my salesman that they better make this right or it will be the last one. :(