PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Chevy 2500HD D-max

ViperSmitty
01-04-2006, 19:06
I have been a member for a while and I just bought a 2005 Chevy 2500HD CrewCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 short box. I am interested in any tips or advice everyone has on goodies for the truck.

I love it already and can't wait to get more goodies for it!!!

Only getting around 16 MPG City right now. Went as high as 16.5 coming home from the dealer.

Thanks for the awesome site and for all the info from members!!!

More Power
01-05-2006, 09:28
Viper, Welcome back!

The answer to your questions kinda depends on what your goals are. Personally, I'd install a set of gauges as a first step - before adding power. Running a stock truck with gauges will allow you to see what the boost pressures and EGT's are now, and that info will be helpful after adding power.

Boost & EGT are also indications of power useage, which lets you know why a certain tank of fuel might produce less fuel economy than others. Boost & EGT also lets you know what it costs to run at say 75 mph verses 65. So, gauges are good tools to use when attempting to drive for fuel economy.

Jim

ViperSmitty
01-05-2006, 19:02
Thanks Jim for the reply. I am going to install gauges soon. I am planning on leaving the truck mostly in stock form for a while so I can get a baseline of MPG and performance and then add some power later.