PDA

View Full Version : AFE Magnum Force Stage 2

elkfanatic
03-26-2005, 04:04
Anyone with an '03 LB7 put one of these on yet? If so, what in the world is that "air intake reservoir" on the LB7 for? It basically gets deleted from existance with the above mentioned filter system. Wondering if I am just an idiot or if others have had the same questions. The instructions for installation don't give much info on parts that will be "disabled" :confused:

DmaxMaverick
03-26-2005, 06:18
Welcome to the forums, elkfanatic!

On the '03 models, they incorporated a "resonance chamber" into the decorative plastic engine cover. It is supposed to buffer the intake pulses to equallize the intake harmonics, which can decrease intake noise, and improve flow characteristics. It can also improve the performance of the MAF, in that the airflow has less pulsation, and a more accurate airflow communication from the MAF. I don't know of any real increase/decrease in performance/economy noticed with the 2003's, so it's hard to say if it actually changed or improved anything. It probably makes no difference whether it's there or not.

I have an AFE Stage II (thanks TDP :D ) I will be installing this spring. Have a look at Magnum Force Performance Air Intake Systems by AFE for the Duramax Diesel (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/afe.htm) in the TDP Product Reviews (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews.htm). Lots of excellent info and installation tips there.

Do you have one now, or are you considering it? Definately read the reviews before you continue.

Dave B
03-26-2005, 16:56
I have the AFE Stage II with ProGuard 7 filter on my 03 Duramax. Pulled my fifth wheel over 4000 miles last summer. MPG increased from 10 to 12mpg from stock filter and intake. I feel I've also gotten a increase in power. You will notice a little more turbo noise from stock. I'm looking at a bigger exhaust before I make any more changes.

elkfanatic
03-26-2005, 18:13
I have the AFE stage 2 Magnum Force intake that I was trying to install until I found that