PDA

View Full Version : Any body using OIL GAURD'S bypass kit ?

96ccdd
03-26-2005, 06:20
I took a look at their web page and it looks decent, for less money. I know you the saying "You get what you pay for" but that is not always true.

Seth McKinney
03-26-2005, 09:51
I just ordered one. They seemed alright to me.

jbplock
03-26-2005, 16:54
Many folks are using the Oil Guard on the Duramax. I installed one a little over two years ago on my 03.

See OilGuard Bypass Filter Installation (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005320) for more info.

smile.gif

Jim Brzozowski
03-28-2005, 09:58
I installed one on my 02. It does work, at 3000 miles after an oil change you can look at the golden color of the oil instead of the normal soot black. I ran a test and it will filter the entire engine supply( mine feeds back into the filler pipe cap) every 12 minutes, If I am remembering correctly. I just put the original filler cap on the engine and set the oil guard tapped one in a 2 gallon container and stop watch timed how long it took to fill a gallon through the bypass with the engine ideling. Cleaner inside the engine is always better. I think. You bought it you're paying for it, you deceide.

HoustonDMax
03-28-2005, 10:15
Been running one for a year now. Satisfied with the setup, along with the oil test results. Now have confidence in my extended oil change intervals.

Seth McKinney
03-28-2005, 12:35
What are you alls intervals on this, and also could you use a baldwin as the bypass filter or what not?

Jim Brzozowski
03-29-2005, 09:51
I went to a diesel day in Houston a few years back put on by the F*** guys. I was the only DMAX in the parking lot when I drove in, anyway the owner of OIL Guard had a booth set up and I spent quite a bit of time discussing filtration with him and his theory on the filtration media is that his spiral wound fiber filters used in the oil guard by pass filters traps the larger particles around the outside, with the smaller particles able to pass farther into the filter before getting trapped, by the time the oil gets through the center of the filter and is ready to flow out the exit tube, He claims 2 micron absolute and has test data to prove it. Do what you like, but I'm going to continue to use his filter. I change my OEM every 7500 and the oil guard every 15,000. The last time I tested it everything was good. Reminds me I need to order some more filters and test kits. Thanks.

carco
03-29-2005, 15:34
Run one on my 04 LLY and my 02 C6500 w/ Cat 7.2L lot of idle time on 7.2L. Slowly stretching out the oil change intervals. Easy installs, good quality. bob...........