PDA

View Full Version : Safe, Conservative mods

Larry Decker
05-08-2003, 07:19
Hello, I am new to the forum and recently purchased a 03 2500HD CC LT 4x4. I am very happy about my current performance, but I am curious about the popular mods such as the E-Z amp juice box, exhaust systems and air filters et cetera. The performance available sounds awesome, but do you have to remove all the mods when you go in for warranty work? My truck is a daily driver and I do not tow anything other than a ski boat or snowmobiles. Thanks for your input in advance.

zip
05-08-2003, 07:34
Welcome L. I don't post much but I can say if you're lookin for conservative you've come to the wrong place.
Mine's mostly stock so far, but no- you don't have to take off your 4" Kennedy exhaust to go to the dealer. :D
Well, that's what I've heard anyway.
zip
(By the way- the Kennedy thing is a reference to one of the better known contributors to The Diesel Page)
You'll have fun here.

Kennedy
05-08-2003, 08:10
For most anything other than exhaust and gauges, I preffer the out of sight=out of mind approach.

Dyno run Saturday in WI:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=17&t=000076

Forced Induction
05-08-2003, 09:27
Is it true that if I install the kennedy 4"/5", the dealer will not reject any warranty claim?? It would seem to vary dealer to dealer. I guess it matters how well you know the service writer, service manager, or tech for that matter. Since I am having problems with 4wd, I am waiting to buy the exhaust, but I am dying to get it, althought I am a little concerned about the 5" noise. If I can't break it in the next week or two, maybe I'll get the exhaust. I just recieved that gauges and am waiting to install also, pending outcome of 4wd.

JA