PDA

View Full Version : Bugsy's disappearing rant thread...

More Power
03-27-2005, 08:34
I contacted the Duramax 6600 forum moderators asking if they had deleted it. They had not and I had not. That leaves Bugsy as the only other person who could have deleted that thread (by deleting his topic starting post).

I would have preferred that thread remained available.

MP

bobo
03-28-2005, 06:19
I was wondering where it went. Thanks for the info. I did do a search for more of his posts regarding his issues w/ edge. It sounds like his truck has some issues also. His edge box acting up along with his truck acting up could cause the guy to go off the deep end. I feel bad for the guy. I am getting my edge juice updated (to v1.2) right now. I feel Edge should recall ALL their LLY boxes and update them. It is not good for the Edge name to have vendors selling the 1.0 or 1.1 version boxes with all the known problems. Edge is going to ruin their name and the names of some of the best dealers out there. They need to get this taken care of. I can't wait to see how the v1.2 works. It better be perfect!!

Kennedy
03-28-2005, 06:34
My posting of this link may have had something to do with it:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008429

As for Edge issues:

I made sure and sent every old Juice back in favor of the 1.2 versions once I learned that 1.2 existed. I even held off on shipping of some orders in anticipation of the release. I do have the capabilities of modifying in house, but would prefer to just let Edge do the mods as there is a wiring update as well as programming.

I set my 2005 up on the dyno a week ago Friday and finally got around to doing some testing Saturday. I was about to test the Juice when I decided to take a break. When I came back, the dyno load controllers were acting up so today is troubleshooting day...

I'll add that Edge has a nice EZ module coming for the LLY and LB7. Simple, no monitor, no pryo, and a simple toggle switch to set levels. Pretty smooth, and decent power...

Bugsy
03-28-2005, 06:43
No, your URL had NOTHING to do wih it. EDGE bailed you out and gave me a complete refund and we struck an agreement about the POSTS on this board and that is it.
You always seem to think you are the catalyst for this board and run matters here. I noticed it from the onset.
The simple truth is that EDGE is the one who resolved the matter and got you out of it. Simple as that.
I think you embarrassed them but I'm guessing there.

bobo
03-28-2005, 08:29
I am happy to hear you got a refund. I hope you can get your trucking running good. Let us know if you try a Banks or any other upgrades and how they work.

More Power
03-28-2005, 12:58
Bugsy, In the deleted thread, you were demanding a refund of more than the retail purchase price - even though this was months past the 30-day full refund period, and you claimed you had filed complaints with several agencies.

Then we discover you offered your module for sale for just $375 in a post dated 1/28/05 (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008429).

Is this being reasonable?

MP

[ 03-28-2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: More Power ]

Bugsy
03-28-2005, 14:57
First Things First: Nobody , EDGE or anyone connected to them, MADE me delete the original POSTs.
Next, I wanted to get rid of the module and be done with it so I was giving someone a good buy but got no calls. The price I offered it at is right in line with used modules. I was gonna take the hit. After no takers I went another route. I offered, at one point, to take the restocking fee but that was rejected by Kennedy.
He wanted to give me a store credit so that deal was off. Yes, I WAS VERY REASONABLE and went overboard trying to give everyone an easy way out. There has been TWO updates to the module in less than a month so you go figure.
NEXT and most importantly, it doesn't take a Network Engineer to figure out that in most internet forums that people POST under multiple identities and nobody is really sure who POSTS what. I have seen numerous identities for one person. The reason for this is obvious.
Especially where goods and services are offered through a forum.
So, I have been more than reasonable and I did what I had to do to get back where I started. I refuse to be a victim in this matter. I used the proper agencies and warned that I would and my hand was called. The proper agencies were notified and I have no idea if the paperwork has even reached the respective people.
When I finally got to the right person at EDGE they had this settled pronto. They are honest people and have proven that by resolving this matter the way it should be resolved in my opinion.
The amount I asked for was $535 and $12 for shipping to send the module back. I'm tired of paying freight back and forth and I had nothing.
So, the $12 put it over invoice is the only thing I can think of.
Now, what difference would it make if it was over invoice. Kennedy wasn't refunding. Not only did EDGE refund me the entire amount but paid the freight, $12 back to them, and then sent me a UPS Call Tag to send it to them again for the final time. Now we are getting someplace.
EDGE told me they would send me a module free to test if I ever wanted one again and if it met my expectations I could send them payment or the module back.
Lesson learned here is that not everybody "rolls-over" and reputable people, like EDGE, will eventually resolve issues like this once the right person gets wind of it. I finally got to the right person.
I did what I said I was gonna do and EDGE did what they said they were gonna do.
Kennedy worsened the situation by doing what he did and hid his experience and I put it out here for everyone to see.
I think the moderators were right to leave the the thread open to see how things progressed because everyone benefits from community.
So, I think, once more, I was VERY reasonable and EDGE was very responsible to get this to the end amicably. Again, NOBODY MADE me delete the original POSTS. I did it for my own reasons.
So, there it is.

Bugsy
03-28-2005, 15:08
Finally: MORE POWER
I don't think I am ever gonna get you to understand that the issue with the module was already evident way before the 30 day return policy was up and instead of sending it back to Kennedy I sent it to EDGE since it was faster and EDGE suggested that. The attempts to get the module to work right on my truck ran over the 30 days and up to about 90 days when EDGE decided the module wasn't gonna work right on my truck.
EDGE said to return it to Kennedy for a REFUND. That is when the trouble started.
Jeez, is that so hard to understand why I didn't return the module within 30 days to Kennedy?
I gave EDGE an opportunity to repair or replace the module. Kennedy hid behind his return policy knowing good and well the story and what was going on.
I can explain it again, in different words, if you don't get it this time.

More Power
03-28-2005, 15:34
For the benefit of everyone here, let me mention what someone in a similar situation might consider doing before going off on a manufacturer or vendor in a public venue.

1- Be nice when dealing with people. Give them the opportunity to return the favor.

2- If a reasonable agreement cannot be reached, and if you want help, contact me. I'll do what I can to negotiate a settlement that satisifes everyone, if both parties involved are reasonable.

3- I like vendors who sell quality products at fair prices, and who satisfies their customers. We've lost advertisers who couldn't meet a reasonable customer halfway in settling a problem, and when I was asked to help.

4- Don't use a public venue to punish a vender. Most vendors won't respond, and readers only see one side. This reflects poorly on everyone.

MP

PS - If anyone here believes a single person is posting messages using multiple identities, send their forum # and handles to me. If someone is posting with multiple identities, it won't last long.

rjschoolcraft
03-28-2005, 15:34
Provide concrete examples of multiple aliases on this board. It's easy to make a defamatory claim when you provide no evidence to support that claim.

Tough Guy
03-28-2005, 15:37
Kennedy should have bought it from Bugsy when he was selling it for $375.00 in January, now that would have been poetic justice!!

Glad your problem was resolved by Edge, since it sounds like it was their problem to begin with.

Cheers

Kennedy
03-29-2005, 04:37
Throughout the entire ordeal, there was never a phone call made by Bugsy to myself, and apparently the same with Edge. When Aaron requested in an email that he'd like to "talk" with Bugsy about this the offer was also refused. To the best of my knowledge, every request (make that DEMAND) from Bugsy was for excess of what he paid including shipping. I do not recall ever seeing mention of acceptance of restocking fee, only demands that it be done first by check the end of the month, and ultimately a demand that it be credited to the charge card used by the end of the very day of the request.

Had I been involved back in December/January it would have been a different story pure and simple. From the earlier thread however, it appears as though Bugsy had a module that he did not need, and has made a mistake in buying the truck in the first place. The issue that was blamed on the Edge appears to be unrelated, and has been reported by others without the Edge module.

The LLY Juice has not been flawless by any means, but the issues that come up with it have not been unique, and have been addressed in version 1.2 update...

madmatt
03-29-2005, 17:13
Bugsy,
I'm not going to take a side, but in all honesty, I've dealt w/ your concerns on other un-boxed rigs. It may have just been aggravated w/ the box on your truck. I believe I'm in close proximty to you and would be glad to help if you think you may have a problem.. Get in touch w/ me and I can make arrangements to look @ your truck.

mattwoertz@msn.com

Bugsy
03-29-2005, 18:19
I don't have time to fool with this anymore.
It has been resolved.
He said,they said, I said, etc, etc has grown old with me.
Besides, the weather was 70 today and it is time to turn my attention to Harley riding.
My posse and I roll HARD with CD players blaring and generally disrupting the highway.
Time to get my motor running.
Until next time,
Take care.

Bugsy

Bugsy
04-08-2005, 17:36
Drat,
The EDGE people told me they were sending a refund check and I figured it was all resolved.
No check and no reply on eMail.
I sent them the module as requested and upon receipt I was supposed to receive a refund of $535.00.
The issue continues.
They say one thing and do another it appears.
Now I have no module and no refund.