PDA

View Full Version : Anyone runnin Bullydog

Albee
01-07-2006, 06:02
I am being told that a Bullydog programmer will increase my fuel mileage 5-6 mpg. Finding this hard to swallow. Anyone having experience with Bullydog products? Curious what you are seeing. Thanks.

Kennedy
01-07-2006, 06:56
No chance based on what I've seen. On the skewed mileage computer it could well do it though. At the pump you will be disappointed though.

Bully Dog had the first mod out for the first Dmax and it really wasn't much. Then when the real boxes came out they discontinued warranty and support on these units regardless of age.

Personally, I'd suggest waiting on 2006 mods. It took a long time to evolove the LB7 mods and these are still being massaged by some. The LLY has a long ways to go also, so historcally speaking, the odds of the first 2006 mod to be a home run the first time up to the plate are slim and none.

I've been telling the 06 guys if they HAVE to do it NOW then go for it, but plan to spend more $$$ to "keep up with the Jones's." Things will always evolve, but the odds that this is a thorough remap and final edition are, well...

poolman12
01-07-2006, 08:55
JK
This Jones is having trouble keeping up with the Jones's and am going to tread easy for a while on mods. LBZ is getting better mpg than 2005 did, but not quite what 2002 did. Still to early to tell, but with 5K it is a super truck all around. Still miss Edge juice but will be patient. Wife says good, she says I stay ahead of Jones's and not behind, so she's happy? for now.
Have a nice day
Poolman

KellyD
01-07-2006, 09:19
There haven't been any bad things about the BullyDog Power Pup for the LBZ has there? I was about to order one when I saw this thread.

-Kelly