PDA

View Full Version : Injectors, fuel additives, fuel filters, & fuel tests

jbplock
01-08-2006, 10:53
Given the continued interest in Duramax injector and fuel and related issues, I thought it might be helpful to provide links to some previous discussion of these topics.

Since some of the early 01 LB7

More Power
01-10-2006, 13:22
Good job Bill! smile.gif

Jim

soot
01-10-2006, 20:58
Has anyone done a test on the new dual-pleat fuel filter to see what it's actual, real-world efficiency rating is? I've wondered how much better it really is than the old single pleat filter.

Kennedy
01-10-2006, 21:58
Judging by the way that it actually loads up now, I'd say it is doing a much better job. I still would back it up with a TRUE high efficiency unit like used in my Mega kit.

jbplock
01-11-2006, 00:54
Originally posted by soot:
Has anyone done a test on the new dual-pleat fuel filter to see what it's actual, real-world efficiency rating is? soot,

I'm not aware of anyone who has tested the new filter.. I've also thought about doing the test.. would be nice to have some real numbers..

smile.gif

Kennedy
01-11-2006, 06:54
Using deductive reasoning etc. when talking with Baldwin, we figured that it should be near 5 micron absolute. Of course, this was somewhat of an educated guess with multiple passes and by lab standards using Racor's claims but it does seem to make sense as they are showing a tendency to fill fast.

This is still not as efficient as the Mega element, but at least it is now respectable.

Black95TD
01-12-2006, 14:09
After reading all this , made an executive decision that I reserve the right to change! Bought Stanadyne Lubricity Formula and will resume useing this in every tank. From the sales pitch it has extra strength lubricity compounds which has to be a good thing. I used this on my old 95 and the injectors were perfect at 120K when I sold it.

Next, I'm going to do a little seat of the pants test. There are several local dealers that advertise "Premium" diesel. I'm going to check the color of each supply just out of curosity. I did notice that the color of the fuel where I normally buy it is relatively clear - not water clear though. Its a Citgo station but there diesel is from and independent supplier. I also buy Gulf sometimes and they have a little flyer touting the great qualities of their fuel.

Personally, I'm convinced that lubricity is an equal culprit with the particles.

Anybody else out there that has had good luck with Stanadyne Lubricity Formula?

jbplock
01-12-2006, 17:18
Originally posted by Black95TD:
.. Personally, I'm convinced that lubricity is an equal culprit with the particles.

Anybody else out there that has had good luck with Stanadyne Lubricity Formula? Black95TD,

Dittos on the Lubricity.. I've had good results using Stanadyne Performance Formula together with Lubricity formula.. buy both in 5Gal pails...

I also use FPPF injector cleaner periodically.

smile.gif

carco
01-14-2006, 16:33
More Power, this would be a good post to stick to the forum top. Research would be a lot easier when questions comeup or trucks are traded, or new members stumble onto fuel filtration questions. bob...........

Kennedy
01-14-2006, 16:56
I use FPPF Total Power in every tank of fuel that I burn!