PDA

View Full Version : New Airbox for Duramax-and it makes power.

RWHP
05-10-2003, 11:46
Hello all,

I just wanted to fill in some of you on the new product coming out for the Dmax. It is probably going to be available in several months and should be fairly reasonably priced.

The power gains were modest but definatly there, all tests were done on a Dyno jet.

1st gear same as stock
2nd gear 7-10hp accross the board
3rd gear same as stock
4th gear 9hp accross the board
5th gear 5hp accross the board

The truck they tested this on is completly stock.

Unfortunatly there was no Joice box available to test this with, we are speculating that the power gains with a power module would be dramatic over a stock box. This is based on their dyno tests on a Ford truck with a power module.

PS. If anyone in the LA area has a Juice box or anything like it, I may be able to set up some sort of deal if they can dyno your truck with their airbox on your truck.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: RWHP ]</p>

Elowe65
05-10-2003, 11:56
I am located in Rancho Cucamonga,Covina,Glendora area. Truck is all stock except for std juice and larger tires. Still have factory wheels/tire available. Email if interested.

mackin
05-10-2003, 13:40
RWHP

What is it ?? It doesen't have a leaf Blower attached does it ... Gad I hope not .....

MAC :eek: tongue.gif :eek:

RWHP
05-10-2003, 18:51
No,

No leaf blowers at all, its just a well designed tunned intake for the Dmax. I will keep the companies name out of it for a bit untill they decide 100% that it will be manufactured.

Elowe65,

I am going to contact them on monday and see if they are able to take you in quickly.

Alli-max
05-10-2003, 21:26
...nevermind then huh mackin :cool:

Kennedy
05-11-2003, 11:21
I'll test it for them. All it has to beat is my "oily couch cushion"...

ndamico
05-11-2003, 17:45
The airbox must be the new item. I know another vendor who is working on a completely new one too!

Trippin
05-11-2003, 20:12
I work in the San Fernando Valley and live in the Santa Clarita Valley. Truck is all stock except for Hot Juice and big tires. Stock tires are in the garage.