PDA

View Full Version : Attitude Mount Location

Carli_max
03-29-2005, 04:15
Had an 02 with juice and issopro gauges. Just got an 05' LLY and I'm thinking about the Juice/ Attitude. I like the overhead mount that is available, but wonder if it's combersome to look at while driving (Taking your eyes off the road for a longer time). I know there is also an A-pillar mount for it. Any feedback from guys that have one or the other would be appreciated. Thanks!

More Power
03-29-2005, 09:28
My opinion is that if you're the sort that feels it is necessary to constantly monitor the display, an A-pillar mount would be best. It's easier to see there.

However, if you rarely monitor the display (rely on the EGT management Edge provides), the overhead mount is a pretty neat location to have it.

I may install my Attitude monitor in an overhead console and install a set of EGT/Boost gauges on the A-pillar.... Gauges are cool! :D

MP

Carli_max
03-30-2005, 04:03
More Power, that almost sounds like the best of both worlds. When I tow, I tend to watch the guages alot. I do like the flexibility that the attitude allows. I don't like that the boost on the attitude is limited to 26psi. Maybe you have the right idea, both!!! Thanks for your response. I guess I should update my signature!!

Idle_Chatter
03-30-2005, 06:08
I've got the best of both! I already had my Isspro gauges in the A-Pillar before I upgraded my Juice to an Attitude, so I just bent up a steel strap that clipped my Attitude to the dash trim right next to the gauges. Easy to read and easy to access for changes with the left hand! See pic in the Attitude folder in my PICS link below.

Brian DMT
04-02-2005, 11:50
I agree with MorePower. I like the looks of the A-pillar mount, and if I wanted to go with multiple gauges down the pillar and play with settings all the time, that's what I'd do. But I have more of an uncluttered "stealth" preference, and I like the Attitude in the overhead console panel a LOT - because it's unobtrusive yet it still gives me the gauges I want! I got the panel with the two Aux switches (currently use one). It's clear-coated billet aluminum & pro-grade switches: seems to be more "professional grade" than the GM cab content!

Install tips: Putting Attitude in the panel, note that it deliberately mounts on a hefty angle toward the driver and use the very small ridge inside the panel lip as your cue. I scratched my Attitude case up before I figured that out! :(
Only other thing was console installation: on my '02 console it was impossible to install the panel from the back (inside) the way they suggested. But a plastic block & mallet let me tap it in perfectly from the front display side! smile.gif

When I first got it, I ran probly 3 weeks without installing it in the overhead - just set it on top of the steering column with the cable wrapped around to generally hold it in place. That let me watch it and play and try a lot of stuff - set it up the way I want it. After that, putting it in the console, I've been perfectly content to leave it alone and occasionally glance at it.