PDA

View Full Version : 100K and going strong

markrinker
01-09-2006, 14:19
2001 LB7 will turn over 100K tomorrow. It amazes me how trucks have improved in the last few decades. Back in the day - 100K spelled time for a trade-in. This truck still looks, drives and works like it was brand new.

It will be interesting to see how many miles this truck sees. We have rolled on 28K in only a little over 3 months, so 200K could happen in 2006 or certainly in early 2007.

So far, only two new u-joints, (rear drive shaft) a set of new 265 skins, and 4 shocks have been needed since it was purchased used with 72K miles.

To say I am satisified with this truck is an understatement.

[ 01-09-2006, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

Tough Guy
01-09-2006, 16:20
I totally agree...anymore the odometer to me just represents the next service/maintenance point and what the fuel economy is...

Plus with the cost of replacement for vehicles anymore I think people should expect 250,000 miles!!

Chris

Jim Brzozowski
01-18-2006, 10:19
My kids Honda odometer was sitting on 323,000 miles when some fool hit and ran it down one night and put an end to its usfulness. With proper care I really believe that the only reason you will get rid of your present truck is because you want another one. If a little 4 banger can run that long this diesel should not even hesitate for 3 times that long. If I were a betting man, I'd be betting that someone will drive a Duramax LB7 a million miles without a teardown. Nitried crank, forged rods, induction hardened cylinders, gear driven cam and oil pump. Low RPM operation good oil pressure and flow. These engines have a whole lot going for them. I've only got 70k on mine but I think it runs better now than it did when it had 50k on it.
Yes I am happy with mine too.