PDA

View Full Version : Any one have high egt temps???

rdsi
01-11-2006, 09:59
05 D-max with tripple dog and monitor, fuel manager & afe air intake. I Have the back down set to 1350. I can set it to performance and be back at stock in less than a block. Thought the probe was bad so I installed a Banks manual gauge into the BD High flow manifold on the driver side and the readings go hand in hand. Is there possible engine problems? Please sombody help. Been thru all the basics. Clean air filter, new filters Etc.

Kennedy
01-11-2006, 12:25
Likely due to inadequate boost to match fuel from poor programming. A Boost Stick should help.

rdsi
01-11-2006, 12:48
So do you think that the Bully Dog programing is not up to par? Or just un matched ratios?

Kennedy
01-11-2006, 14:06
I can only guess that they have not altered boost at all. This seems to hold true for all tuner mfrs's except for Diablo.

Some day I might break down and buy one, but I get so darn many of these things laying around...

More Power
01-11-2006, 16:33
The Edge/Attitude will do the same thing - as in it'll run hard for about 1/8 mile till you hit the backdown limit of say 1350 (user adjustable up to 1500), then you're basically back to stock fueling from that point on. This is why Edge allows you to disable the backdown for performance tests or while at the track.

Jim

mark45678
01-11-2006, 18:22
on a warm day and a long hill Juice set on 2 will run about 1380* on a stock LLY truck . all I have is a airfilter and juice. I have noticed juice starts to trim back about 30~50* before the set point of limit. I would set it to 1400* and run it.

markrinker
01-12-2006, 13:06
Seems odd that so many popular, top selling power-adders would only address the fuel side of the power equation. It only takes observing the clouds of black smoke to know that there is power being left on the table - and high EGTs to boot...

More Power
01-14-2006, 13:50
Generally, aftermarket power products have relied on the excess amount of air built into the engine management systems of today's diesels. The day will come when the black smokers are so politically incorrect. ;)

Already, there are major players in the diesel aftermarket business pushing for 20% opacity limits at diesel pickup events. It's coming....

Jim

markrinker
01-15-2006, 11:03
Interesting. How would they measure that?

jbplock
01-15-2006, 12:03
Mark,

Try a google search for "roadside diesel opacity tester"

SMOKE CHECK DIESEL TESTER (http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=OTCRM1020C&source=froogle&kw=OTCRM1020C)
http://www.tooldiscounter.com/images/productimages/otcrm1020c.jpg
OTC 1667 Tester Data Sheet (http://www.otctools.com/brochures/301-1.pdf)

It's my understanding that various states use these type of testers for roadside inspections of big trucks and buses... are diesel pickups next?? :eek:

[ 01-15-2006, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: jbplock ]

Kennedy
01-15-2006, 17:57
Originally posted by Mark Rinker:
Seems odd that so many popular, top selling power-adders would only address the fuel side of the power equation. It only takes observing the clouds of black smoke to know that there is power being left on the table - and high EGTs to boot... This is because they have grown accustomed to the trubocharger and wastegate mods simply increasing airfloww with the increased "throughput" developed when adding fuel/power. Add a "smart" turbo and this all changes...