PDA

View Full Version : New guy on the block looking for advice

bookie3
10-21-2003, 05:36
Traded in my 00 Sub. LT for GMC 04 SLT 4DR 4WD BLK ext. TAN int. Duramax. I drive about 50k per year from ME to VA PA east, I am not hauling anything just want to drive this truck. I am having trouble waiting till the truck comes in, Nov 22nd. But it gives me some time to tap the brain trust out there. I have several questions.
The tires appear small for the wheel wells is there a diferent tire that will fill the wells, and can the comp. be reset to them and would that not kick up the mileage a bit?
What is the oppinion of the DSG PowerBox? Is it to much strain for the drive train? Will it void the warrentee? Or is it a good deal, it looks cool for when it is time to play?

ratlover
10-21-2003, 10:57
265'S will fit no problem as will other cobos with slight mods. Do a search or browse the accesory forum on 285's 265's and 255's. I have 265's but will definatly look into the 255's when the time comes.

Look around for oppinions on boxes. I have the juice and love it. Quadzilla looks to have some good stuff also. The juice with the attitude is a great deal IMO and a great setup.

For the waranty, yes it can void it or cause problems.....but what they dont know ;) Search moss in the duramax forum and see what you come up with.

letsgo
10-22-2003, 04:33
The General has a memo out, if any problems occure relating to drive train service is to check tire size, if incorrect ???? it could be your problem.

good luck

sonofagun
10-24-2003, 11:24
If you change the tires size keep the original rubber and wheels so you can reinstall if you have a real warranty issue.

I have used the Juice with great success. Chose it after many months of digesting all the forum chat about boxes.

Be sure you add at least an EGT guage (boost is good too) before you add a box.

Enjoy the ride and the Diesel Page,
Bob

Ira Chandler
12-06-2003, 07:02
I am running ProComp XTerrains at 305/70/16 and just cranked the torsions up a bit. The speedo is about 14% LOW according to the Magellan Gold GPS on my dash. It has a nice speedo display that I use. All else is stock - 2001 2500HD CC Allison...

cdoohay
12-13-2003, 22:56
I run 285s turned tortion bars up You will have to cut the plastic just a little. Juice with Attitude is the Best, then you can add from there

Jesus Freak
12-19-2003, 18:44
Newbie,

Congrats on your new truck...I went to 235/85/16 on my last one with no problems. Got alittle better mileage too. Probably go bigger when the time comes with this one also...
Good luck...