PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy?

Albee
01-15-2006, 19:27
I just read in another post where you made the statement that the 06 LLY/LBZ are all new. So, I have the 06 LLY. What does it have that is new? Does it have the new turbo and new injectors? Essentially does it have everything the LBZ has other than the increased HP and Torque? Thanks a million.

gmmerlin
01-16-2006, 03:19
the 2006 LLY has been redesigned.(not the same engine as the 2004-2005 LLY)
New internal componants , ECM, external componants, injectors, turbo and some other features...the LBZ is the same engine with calibration updates to increase the HP by 50 and torque by 45

Kennedy
01-16-2006, 06:00
Originally posted by Albee:
I just read in another post where you made the statement that the 06 LLY/LBZ are all new. So, I have the 06 LLY. What does it have that is new? Does it have the new turbo and new injectors? Essentially does it have everything the LBZ has other than the increased HP and Torque? Thanks a million. The ECM is Bosch which is a whole new system. The turbo and injectors are what I would call "same but different." The injector computer (FICM, EDU or whatever you call it) has been combined with the ECM...

The 06 LLY is externally/visually the same as the LBZ. I call it an lbz in all lower case.

Albee
01-16-2006, 17:13
Appreciate it fellas. Surely do. The thing I notice right off is the turbo whine at take off. My 02, I never heard the turbo I don't think. Well, I am thinking that is turbo whine. Thanks again.

Kennedy
01-17-2006, 21:07
The variable geometry turbo will run higher shaft speeds at lower power levels than a conventional style turbo.