PDA

View Full Version : Attitude egt probe

Meck
11-21-2003, 10:30
I have been searching all the threads on info installing the egt probe and drilling the exhaust manifold for pre turbo. The majority claim the flat spot on the passenger side rear of maniflod. I took a quick look today for that spot and My 2002 chev duramax doesn't look Flat in that location. Does the spot have to be flat or can I drill and install in the rounded area of the Manifold. I will be purchasing the edge module with attitude from JK at the end of Dec and am trying to get my duck in a row before I purchase.

403turbo
11-21-2003, 16:10
The location on the passengers side manifold is not "flat" But it is flatter than the rest of the manifold. If you pull the wheel liner and reach in with a cordless drill you can get it done.

It is a PITA but there aren't too many other places that would be easier.

It is also nerve racking thinking about what happens if you snap that drill off inside the manifold.

Make sure you have a sharp bit, I didn't drill a pilot hole because I was afraid of snapping off the bit. Tapping the hole takes some patients.

Kennedy
11-25-2003, 18:07
In this pic you can see the flat spot you mention. I've drilled there, or as pictured:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/images/Pyro-probe-location.gif

If you choose to drill on the flat spot, I'd suggest in front of the open hole rather than in front of the bolt.