PDA

View Full Version : Friend buying a 2500 LLY or PSTD

GT3
04-09-2005, 17:45
Hello guys. I am a newbie here I have a 04.5 LLY
2500 I use to tow my Porsche GT3 to the track for track days. I use it to take our MX bikes out and ride in the desert. ANd I drive it everyday to work. No problems in my fisrt year. Very happy with it. I had a F150 but it got too small for the family and towing. Chevy made an accident and gave me 0% financing for 5 years and I jumped on it. otherwise I might have bought the F250. My friend is kind of a ford guy. he just bought a toy hauler yesterday and needs a bigger truck than his current expedition. I I am trying to talk him into a duramax with the Allison. can you guys give me the highs and lows of each truck as you understand them to help him make a choice? WHats up with their tranny and motor. other than the injector porblems with the LB7 I dont know of many with this LLYallison combo.
Thanks in advance and Hello!!

Tough Guy
04-10-2005, 15:31
A guy I know, has always driven Fords...he typically bought a new PSD every year for the last 10 years...recently got an LLY 3500 SRW. He likes it better than his 2003 Ford PSD 6.0 Torque-shift.

Cheers

pepper
04-15-2005, 04:27
all he has to do is test drive a lly and he will not want to ride in a ford again - i have had and still have dodges, fords, gm - my personal ride is the gmc 2500, a workhorse and easy ride in all day

Timberline
04-15-2005, 09:12
I have a good friend that is a Hard Core Ford man and he gets a new truck every two years. He is very disappointed with the PSD since it changed from the 7.3 PSD down to the new 6.0 PSD. He claims it has less power and doesn't do as well as the 7.3 did on fuel mileage.