PDA

View Full Version : 03 Dmax won't start

smokestacklightnin'
04-12-2005, 03:31
Hi all, there's a 03 Dmax 3500 4x4 with 135K for sale. The ad reads: "Engine turns over but

Kennedy
04-12-2005, 04:41
Could be anything from theft deterrent module being upset, to a bad set of injectors. The Passlock system can be "relearned" easy enough so long as nothing is seriously tampered with. If the key is there, it shouldn't have a Passlock issue though. Easily diagnosed with scan tool as there will be acode for the theft deterrent system. Is the price right?

madmatt
04-12-2005, 18:28
if you don't have access to a scanner but have a key to it you can see if it is a passlock problem by cranking the engine over a few seconds then release the key to the run position but not off. if the security light stays on the VTD system may just need relearned. to do this w/out a scanner just insert key and crank for a few seconds then release it to the on position. let set for ten minutes then the security lamp will go out. do this twice more but between cycles turn the key to the off position for at least 5 seconds. after the thrid ten min turn the key off for another 5 seconds or so then it should fire. If it does I'd suspect the passlock sensor is on it's way down.

More Power
04-13-2005, 08:44
Could be a simple security system that prevents the engine from running without the secret handshake.

MP

madmatt
04-13-2005, 15:01
Yeah MP Iknow what your talking about! I hate those things.

smokestacklightnin'
04-13-2005, 16:21
I emailed the seller this morning. Here's his responds: "we