PDA

View Full Version : I would like to finish this truck!

LarryMann
01-23-2006, 17:45
Ok folks. I want to get this truck finished. I have the edge juice installed and a Kennedy 4" exhaust. Now the last two things I would like to do are. The EGR and a Boost stick. One thing really quick..... I had a mix up w/ my exhaust system and JK had me running very soon (next day). Now, honestly I purchase over 2 million Dollars (for work) in equipment and John has outstanding customer service. I will continue to purchase from him on anything that I need. Thanks very much John! OK... Back to the question. I want to defeat my EGR System and run the boost stick. I have not seen a post and I have searched, that finalizes the EGR issue. Can I unplug it or not? Do I need a Finger stick or just a blocker plate? I really do not want to spend the money on a programmer to disable it. I really would like to see these EGR issues get put to rest. TO: JK is there also a planned update to the boost stick, because of some issues? Thanks everyone.

Kennedy
01-24-2006, 08:44
Your emissions group will determine the reaction to the unplugging of the EGR. Personally, I cringe to think about splicing wires. I would simply unplug the electrical connector first. If you have no codes already, you probably have a Fed truck.

From the RPO sticker in the glove box you should have ONE of the following:

FE9=Fed
YF5=CA
NE1= Northeast
VCL= special

The FE9 is the most liberal one.

Another option is if you can lay up the truck for a couple of days, you could send me the ECM and I'll take care of it, or I could send out an exchange ECM OR you could go with EFI Live...

The BS only seems to have issues with SOME 2005 trucks primarily CA and NE emissions. There is a revised unit being tested.

LarryMann
01-25-2006, 05:11
Thanks for the reply. I will unplug it then. I will order a BS from you in a day or two.