PDA

View Full Version : edge problem????

DADGLW
01-23-2006, 17:53
i just installed ez mod on sunday...worked great. started up this morning to warm it up ...ran about 15 min... got in to leave and ses light was on..smoke like crazy...before i got to the job service 4wd came on message center... went to back up put in 4wd low and nothing..just like in neutral...just kept playing with it and finally it went into low. both lights went out!!!! now runs great!!! any idea what what gives???

LarryMann
01-23-2006, 19:00
This could be smoke but, I would hate for you to really blame the mod. However, I would check your connections one more time. I am not an expert in this area, but I have had many computer glitches w/ GM trucks, and I would blame that first. If you can restart after a few mins of shutdown time and things are fine. Than I would Check your VIN in the GM Database and see if you need an update. If so, disconnect your EZ and get it updated. Run it and see if it helps. My truck came w/ the 04.5 (variant) version program even thought it was a 05 and the edge worked perfectly before and after I updated the ECU. I guess what I am saying is check GM's software before you second guess anyone else

DADGLW
01-23-2006, 19:17
i'm not blaming the mod...i took eveything apart and checked it..was all good. was just curious if anyone else ever had something similar happen like that.

Kennedy
01-24-2006, 08:46
I guess I would see if it happens again, and if it does try removing the Edge and see if you can duplicate the incident.

redaman
01-24-2006, 17:31
Originally posted by LarryMann:
If you can restart after a few mins of shutdown time and things are fine. Than I would Check your VIN in the GM Database and see if you need an update. If so, disconnect your EZ and get it updated. I just sent my Edge/Juice in for an update. My engine would just die for no apparent reason (ie.. no engine code) then I could get it restarted a couple of minutes later. Turns out the module was so hot I could barely keep my hand on it.

Remove the entire unit and sent it back to Edge for an updated version.

Without the module inline the engine runs fine.

I do miss it though... can't wait to get it back from Edge and slap her back in.... smile.gif