PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

rmckay
02-04-2004, 10:30
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum...

I started looking for a truck over a year ago and finally bought my 03 Chevy 2500HD CC SB Duramax/Allison in September. I hope to learn a lot on the forum. I have dropped in a K&N filter (for now) and put Bilsteins on it.

I did have one question regarding the Bilsteins. Unfortunately I did not do this before I installed, but I think that after the new shocks were put on, the truck sat LOWER than before. Is this my imagination? Can someone measure the stock height (say center of wheelwell to the ground at all four corners?) I will do the same so that I can compare.

Also, I am thinking of putting on the 17" Hummer wheels. Does someone have a picture of those on a truck, just so I can get a good preview? Thanks. Hope to contribute more in the future, right now still learning. (My first truck and my first diesel.)

Ayron
02-04-2004, 17:16
The bilstein shocks will not make any difference in ride height.

Heartbeat Hauler
02-05-2004, 08:27
Possibly when the truck was jacked up to install the shocks the suspension may have stretched under the weight. I bet if you go drive the truck around the suspension will settle back to it's normal ride height. The shocks only control the occilation of the spring (up & down motion)no effect on height.
JP
P.S. Welcome to the Forum. You will indeed learn many things. :D

Burner
02-05-2004, 10:44
I'm guessing that your truck has settled. Go look at a "new" truck and you'll see what I'm speaking of. The torsion bars always drop in the first 6 months. I bet your truck is an inch lower than a new one. Measure from the ground up to the bottom of your mirrors and don't move the truck. Adjust your torsion bars and measure again. If you started out with 48" on the Dr side and 49" on the Ps side then, you should have 49" on the Dr side and 50" on the Ps when your finished.

...... maybe?

Burner----------> :D