PDA

View Full Version : DIC Calibration ?

ebwelder
04-18-2005, 11:06
Has anyone experienced there DIC being out of calibration? I have a 2003 2500 HD DA crew cab all stock, Mine consistently is off by about 5% to 7%. For example the last time I fill my tank the pump said I pumped 20.5 gal but the DIC said I had only used 19 gal. I am running stock tires and have had this problem from day one. How is the fuel consumption calculated by the DIC? As a side note it seems the more stop and go driving I do the bigger the error becomes. Is there a way I can recalibrate the DIC or is this a dealer fix only? I recently installed a juice/attitude and love the power and the economy gains but this did not affect the DIC error.
Thanks.
Jack

jbplock
04-18-2005, 15:34
Jack,

My 03 behaves the same way ... also from day-1..

Inspector
04-18-2005, 16:04
Mine seems to be pretty close. I make sure that when I fill up when on the road that I fill it up to the top of the neck everytime. That way you know just what is being used. It takes a bit of patience to do that but at least you know just exactly what the truck is useing. Tire size, power modules {ie edge} will skew the DIC readout for average,Instant and fuel used on the LB7. I understand that module for the LLY has corrected that. Consistant fill up is the only way to actually know how much fuel is being used.
Denny
;)

BlackMaxAlly
04-29-2005, 20:49
Yes, I have this dilema also, I tried to get then to resolve it, and the only reply is...."It is only a device meant to warn you that the tank is low", or other disturbing garbage that just doesn't add up. I was a Ford man, still own 3 of them, have similar D.I.C's and they were dead on!
OK, I'll admit it, the Ford trannies were breaking the piggy bank for sure, just hope I didn't aquire a true lemon here!

My analog gauge is a joke also. Four months old, and the plethora of small problems are adding up quickly with this truck, I am really getting bothered by it's quirks lately!

Oh well, the 110 Gallon tank I just bought will be calibrated by me, and with a good 'ol analog guage also!