PDA

View Full Version : ? For Dmax Maverick or More Power

HD=HossDiesel
04-22-2005, 13:22
I am still at odds with the company over the Repair costs for my loose injector solenoid. Do either of you have any contact information with someone who could help me get this resolved before I lose my patience with these people. I finally got in touch with an attentive Rep at the GMC customer service line. She tells me the dealer states that the problem was Electrical in nature and therefore not covered. They did as good will gesture offer to pay for half of the repairs. I don't mean to sound petty but I told them thats not good enough! I informed them I'm willing to pay the $100 deductable and NO MORE! Should I just take what they offer and let it go or should I insist on further review of the case or arbitration. I've read that darn manual in and out I really think this should be covered :confused:

More Power
04-23-2005, 18:05
As soon as I return I'll dig through my old email messages that I received from GMPT. One of them dealt with warranty coverage for loose electrical terminals on the injector solenoids.

I suspect this won't be covered by the 2001/02 7/200 extended coverage, but I know it is by the 5/100.

Got Lil Red dyno'ed today. :D Pics coming!

MP

HD=HossDiesel
04-23-2005, 18:59
Thank You very MUCH! I'm only at 56k so I'm well with in my 5/100. I appreciate your help on this matter. Like I said before I'm losing patience with the Old General!

Thanx Again,

Hoss

More Power
04-25-2005, 15:23
I found the emails from Powertrain. What follows is a blow by blow account for what happened when member Jeff Swisher contacted me with a warranty reimbursement question just like yours.

Here was what Jeff sent to me to help clarify the situation:

Subject: Maverick
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003

Servicing Dealer:
Murray Chev Olds Pontiac Buick GMC
11204 Alaska Road
Fort St. John, B.C. V1J 5T5
1-800-811-1555

Invoice date: 08/26/03

Invoice number: CTCS13xxxx

VIN: 1GTHK29111E32xxxx
2001 GMC truck

Complaint-Engine knocks and goes into limp mode and runs on 4 cylinders.

Dealer found a loose nut that hold wires on top of injector #3. The threads that hold the nut tight were damaged. The dealer spaced the nut up with a washer so good threads could be used to tighten the nut. Problem fixed.

Dealer refused to warranty the fix stating it was a wiring problem. How could it be a wiring problem? The wires are just fine. It was a component of the injector that failed........not the wire. Dealer stated wiring was not covered under the Duramax Diesel engine 100,000 mile warranty and I would have to pay. I was in the process of moving from Alaska to WI so I had to pay.

$590.82 Canadian

I understand I am responsible for my $100 deductible but this dealer just left me out in the middle of a lake without a life jacket.

I feel this should have been covered under warranty. I also have a towing bill of $856.00 Canadian. GM customer assistance said they couldn't help me because I was a US in Canada. I would like to get the tow bill money back also.

Thanks
Jeff
In addition to Jeff's message I sent the following to GMPT:

Hi xxxxx,

Here is a report from a fellow GMC Duramax owner and USA citizen who experienced a problem on the road in Canada while traveling from Alaska to Montana. It seems some of the injector solenoid terminals became loose beneath a valve cover, resulting in an engine running problem and subsequent visit to a dealer.

Please take a look at the following information, and let me know if this sort of failure is covered by the 5/100K warranty. His servicing dealer denied coverage.

Thank you,

Jim Bigley
----------------------------------------

GMPT circulated the following among those responsible for answering warranty questions regarding the Duramax.

Their has been some confusion over what is covered under the Duramax Diesel warranty. Powertrain, Service and wins have just finished reviewing all labor operations and identifying which are diesel - 5 /100, emissions or base vehicle. The labor time guide will also be updated to reinstate the d designation for diesel warranty. A bulletin is being prepared to be sent to all dealerships outlining each labor operation.

I have forwarded the customer information to Canada for them to review a possible reimbursement to the customer.
An lastly, GMPT had these final comments.

Subject: Duramax warranty issues
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003

Jim,

Hope this helps. I'd have him go back and mention this bulletin (when it comes out) to the dealer. The dealer should be able to help him with reimbursement, if applicable. If he's not satisfied with the answer encourage him to escalate it beyond the dealer. The dealer can instruct him how to do this.

GMPT

HD=HossDiesel
04-26-2005, 07:37
Hi Jim, Thank you for the info. First let me say that I just got off the phone with customer service and I'm READY TO SNAP. Called the service manager at dealership NO BETTER. For all intense practical purposes they are through with me! This is what they had to say. The problem was electrical.(according to them) Which is not covered by the warranty. I tried to explain to them that electrical is what caused the engine not to run but that the root cause of this failure is related to component failure of the Injector(loose nut). They said there WAS NO FAILURE!!!! It just came loose. WTF! Basically they told me that because there was no failure of any component (IE bad injector, Broken Piston, etc)and there for no replacement of said component, There WAS NO WARRANTY issue. I asked how I would go about escalating the procedure beyond customer service and they basically told me I was SOL. I told them they could KEEP THEIR LOUSY $400 they might be needing it to fix the windows in their showroom. I suppose some of my frustration comes from being an employee. GM is always saying they'll work with you on things. But there idea of working with any one be it Customers or Employees is trying to sweet talk you until you do it their way! And heaven forbid you refuse to see things there way YOU CAN GO TO HELL. And all in all they really don't CARE, I'm just another PeeOn with a big truck to them. They almost Hung up on me at customer service because I was getting IRate. Oh sir there is no reason to get angry. WTF I'll take 800 dollars of their money for something that should have cost 100 and see if they get ****ED OFF! Oh no wait they understand because they've been Brain WASHED! Any way Long and short is they closed my file CUSTOMER NOT SATISFIED! Is there any thing else I can do?

HD=HossDiesel
04-26-2005, 07:41
Sorry about the Rant but as you can probably tell I AM REALLY HOT HOT HOT about this :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HD=HossDiesel
04-26-2005, 07:45
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: HAD TO UPDATE SIGNITURE :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

More Power
04-26-2005, 07:51
While I don't always follow my own advice to remain calm and professional when disputes arise, it can help to produce the desired effect. smile.gif

Step 3 of the "Customer Satisfaction Procedure" in your owner's manual says: "If you continue to remain unsatisfied after following the precedure outlined in Steps One and Two, you should file with the GM/BBB Auto Line Program to enforce any additional rights you may have.

The BBB Auto Line Program is an out of court program administered by the Council of Better Business Bureaus to settle automotive disputes regarding vehicle repairs or the interpretation of the new vehicle limited warranty.....

You may contact the BBB using the toll-free telephone number or write them at the following address:

BBB Auto Line
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
4200 Wilson Boulevard
Suite 800
Arlington, VA 22203-1804
Telephone 1-800-955-5100"

MP

HD=HossDiesel
04-26-2005, 08:40
Thank You agian for the info. Yeah I know I tried to stay calm for that reason! I did refrain from using expletives!LOL All you have to do is raise your voice with these people and they threaten to cut you off. And I asked them what the next step in the process was and THEY FLAT OUT LIED!!!! Mr Ralph this is it we are the only option. I had already read about the arbitration and I'm fairly certain I would win! Thanx Agian.

Hoss

HD=HossDiesel
04-26-2005, 08:44
Oh yeah and the thing that really made me fly was the service manager eluded to the fact that Just Maybe I let someone else work on the vehicle and they didn't tighten up this nut!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah right I can't get any one else to lay a finger on this damn thing cuz they don't know anything about them! ;)

madmatt
04-26-2005, 15:28
Get in contact w/ your Area vehicle manager. They are the next rung up the ladder over your dealership. Your service manager should be able to put you in touch w/ him but may not if he fears he made the wrong call.