PDA

View Full Version : LLY surging between 1000 @ 1500 RPM's

switchback
04-23-2005, 18:02
Does any have a 2004 LLY that surges so bad that it will make your foot jump up and down on the Gas peddle, also fuel filter only will stay 1/2 full of fuel. and 8 to 10 mpg pulling and best empty is 13 mpg, about 30% less milage than my 2002 Duramax, :(

tanker
04-24-2005, 15:02
My 05 LLY surges some at low rpm, but not that bad that my foot and pedal bounce. Wow lousy mpg your getting. I'm getting 15.9 back and forth to work in traffic and several traffic lights. On the big road I get 19.5 @75mph and 21.4 @65mph thats empty and I can't wait for our first trip out towing our travel trailer. smile.gif

Inspector
04-24-2005, 17:15
Tom:

How many miles on that new truck now, 200 maybe 500. He He.
Just got back from St. George and ran solo down. Got 18.3. Coming back with the trailer Got, hold on, 13. Boy was I happy. Paid 2.45 in St.G. per gal. Here in Layton 2.39. I sure hope that by the time you guys head our way that maybe the price will be more reasonable.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Denny

switchback
04-25-2005, 01:04
my truck is 9 month's old and has 25,000 miles on it. it's a 3500 4x4 dully long box, also I notice when it run's real bad the full filter is only 1/2 full of full. and I also notice a differnt smell coming from the exast. we cant fugure out where the air is coming from, changed full filter holder 2 times and have changed filter 4 times, changed fuel pump and injector pump. fuel rail psi will be real radical but let set and idel 15 minutes and will smoth out, the dealer will not work on problem any more, they turned problem over to engering 2 monthes ago. no answers yet.

Kennedy
04-25-2005, 04:18
I would pay a visit to the dealer and ask them to look into the surging. There have been some programming up[dates to address this on 2004 modles. Most 2005 models should have this already applied.

switchback
04-26-2005, 00:17
The truck has been back 7 time's, now the area sevice rep will not let the dealer work on it or replace parts, they said Engenering is looking into the problem but that was 2 months ago and I still have the truck, I tried to trade the truck back in where I bought it 6 weeks ago and they would even take it back because of all the problems.

Cliffee
05-01-2005, 07:29
I have an 05 that has a very slight surging. I brought it in and they loaded the newest update. No change at all. It's still there. I just learned to live with it!
Iam getting around 17mpg to and from wotk with AC on, mostly stop and go with some highway.

rdanley
05-04-2005, 09:23
IF THE UPDATES DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM I WOULD HAVE THE DEALER LOOK AT THE FUEL REGULATOR IN THE INJECTION PUMP I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 04.5
I FINALLY GOT INTOUCH WITH THE ENGINNERES AT GM AND FOUND OUT THE FUEL REG WAS NOT PUTTING OUT THE PRESSURE IT WAS SUPOOSE TO.

switchback
05-13-2005, 00:57
it's had a totally new fuel pump with a regalator, just got back from a 2500 mile trip to Texas with horse trailer, computer said 9.4 mpg, but doing my math with total Gal. use it was more like 8.3 mpg. I check with dealer again and they said they still havent heard nothing from enginering, and wont work on the problem. I don't see much choice but getting a lawyer and tring to make the Lemon Law work for me in Michigan, It's real bad when the dealer I bought the truck from wont even take it on trade because of all the problems with it. they would not be able to resell it they said. :( :mad:

Diesel Crat
05-13-2005, 04:13
For those that want to get lemon law advise in Michigan, I would highly suggest the following attorneys.

http://michiganlemonlawattorneys.com/michigan/

Took 14 months but they got me a cash settlement plus we got to keep the car and trade it in on another manuf.'s product. :D :D :D

switchback
05-24-2005, 19:31
I have turned this case over to the BBB. Its kinda one step befor getting a lawer ond filing for the michigan lemon law. Its bad when the dealer you bought the truck from don't even want it back on trade in because its less than a year old and they would have to sell this problem child with a full warrinty, and they don't want to do it, I tryed to trade it in on a New Dodge 3500 and when they took it of a test drive they wondered if all duramax trucks surge this bad. and they was not to intrrested in taking it in on trade with this problem.

switchback
06-04-2005, 18:49
Well GM has contacted me again, they still said that 8.5 loaded and 12 or so empty are expectable mileage, and the surging is because I can

switchback
06-09-2005, 02:27
A GM rep called me again and still said that they would not do anything about the surge problem and said that it was expectable, (to who, they are not driving the truck) I ask if they would just put me in touch with a duramax engineer so I could talk to somebody that care's about a problem that could kill somebody, They said that is not possible. When I hook up to trailers I wont let any body stand behind me because I don't know if the truck is going back 1" or 2' when it decides to move. If any one that cares wand

Kennedy
06-09-2005, 03:58
I will say that the surging in my 2005 (not excessive but annoying) seems to have disappeared with the Predator tuning installed...