PDA

View Full Version : Edge Attitude for LLY

okauto
07-24-2004, 10:38
I see that Edge finally came out with the modified Attitude programmer for the LLY's. Has anyone installed one yet, and will it add as much power to the LLY as the one they had for the LB7's. Are there any dyno tests out ? Also, is there much to be gained from going from the stock 3 1/2" exhaust with Cat to a 4" exhaust ? I'm assuming it takes a different exhaust for the LLY's than the LB7's because of the different turbo.

Applecore
07-24-2004, 11:35
I called Banks , they said the exhaust is the same as the LB7.( if you discount the cat.) John Kennedy also said the exhaust is the same. John said."Give the boxes a couple of weeks yet to evolve. Waiting to see how Van Aaken's unit works. Sounds like they'll get LB& and LLY handled in on piece of hardware, just different programs."
All I know so far. I have a Edge Juice for an Lb7 that I want to sell. I traded for the 2004.5 LLY last week and too am waiting to see what will be best for the LLY.

rickdlance
07-24-2004, 13:10
I just installed mine last night. I was a little disappointed at first. Also the truck seemed to surge until the 2 got used to each other. I am only running the lowest setting, but it sure brought the truck to life. I will attemp to crank it up after a few days and let you know.

Kennedy
07-24-2004, 16:01
I haven't personally followed an LLY's "adaptation" to the Juice yet, but those who have owned LB7's and are trading to LLY's, are "underwhelmed" at least initially...

My own take on this is that after a few more months of module development, they'll come along.

mark45678
07-25-2004, 07:51
heres my take on lly's! stock to stock (lb7-lly) the lly has a little more midrange TQ ! I am one of the few Beta testers for edge, i have had a box on my lly for about 3000 miles now.... Most of the higher elevation testers had NO issues! there where a few small things edge is working on , I am waiting on UPS to ship back a box to test a sea level.... My truck seams to have a isolated problem? I had to have 1 injector put in last week..... (shorted coil)not on the fuel side. the lly will NEVER make the peek power numbers the LB7 can! the turbo is smaller, the intercooler is the same but the piping going to its smaller! EDGE told me the TQ numbers are about 50~60 lbs less on the lly with juice! but you get 5 power levels (peak is +120 and 240 lbs) over stock ! for the most part most will be happy on level 2~3 (50 or 70 hp)... I for one dont need to kill the trans so I leave it set on 2~3... juice does a nice job of monitoring the engine stats! it will pull the power back if any of your preset limits are reached!!!

Mile Hi Guy
07-26-2004, 14:45
Is the turbo the same size as the 6.0 Fords?

I thought I heard it was the same type and size and power production does not seem to be a problem.

I wonder if there is another limiting factor. To say the lease, I am disappointed in mine with respects to response, towing power and mileage. This 13-14 mpg city 35%/highway 65% bites. :mad: