PDA

View Full Version : BULLYDOG

FATBOY
07-25-2004, 11:03
I have a the later version of the bully dog program in my truck,can you stack this with the predator or is there a better way of doing things now.i have no tranny mods but have gauges and 3.5 inch exhaust thanks Jeff

Kennedy
07-25-2004, 17:03
Stacking isn't good for the transmission. You cannot stack tuners, but you can stack a tuner with a module. I used to stack boxes, but find it very wasteful, and feel that in the end it may well be detrimental to the health of the Dmax. There's only so many degress of crankshaft revolution to inject and still get good combustion. Add a psi box and the pulse length stays within reason, BUT you'll soon run out of air.

Any one mod should be capable of extending the injector pulse width well beyond the point of efficient combustion. Adding another pulse box gets a handful of HP, BUT ends up burning much of the fuel on the downstroke of the piston and in the exhaust manifolds/turbo...

FATBOY
07-25-2004, 17:44
John what would you suggestPSI box that is thanks

Kennedy
07-26-2004, 08:00
I've run the Van Aaken Smart Box D with success. The psi thing has fallen from favor though as the potential of fuel leaks is an issue. Thing is, we are now finding that leaks are occurring in stock trucks.

Key is, you transmisssion cannot take any more than one mod of about 90-110HP. It gets worse when you use a tuner like the Bully Dog (actually anything other than VA, Edge, or Banks) as it has no cutback when slip is sensed.

sdaver
07-27-2004, 18:36
several of us have figured that one out