PDA

View Full Version : Stall

Inspector
07-28-2004, 08:07
Just yesterday after coming out of the mountains and running solo through town traffic I was in an intersection waiting to make a left. When the traffic cleared I tried to move out of the intersection when the engine died. It immediatly started with no other effects.
Eng temp-normal
Trans temp-normal
Attitude level-2
Trans level-defuel all locked shifts
Smoke-level-3
A/C-on
I'm sure that this has been covered a million times but I'm getting older with an even shorter memory.
Denny :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

More Power
07-28-2004, 09:47
Denny,

You might check for entrained air in the fuel filter housing. If air is a continuing problem, look for leaks in the fuel lines and test the fuel tank cap. Excessive vacuum in the fuel tank can pull air into the fuel lines at the various fittings.

Some of the early Juice modules would produce an occasional stall after the engine had been at operating temperature for a period of time. Edge supposedly corrected this problem in later revisions. If the stall re-occurs, try running for a period of time without the Edge module connected.

MP

Kennedy
07-28-2004, 12:11
My immediate thought was the Mega filter sucked air, BUT it started right back up which isn't what genrally happens. That and they seldom stall once running.

The left hand turn thing is something that I've heard of before, and tended to brush off as coincidence.

Maybe someone else will recall the mention of the stall when turning left...

Inspector
07-28-2004, 18:25
On our recent trip North and back I got the check eng light twice. Both times it came on was after quit some time driving. The light remained on until after a cool down but not cold.
Both times after unhooking at the campground and an hour or so of just unwinding then restarting would not show the light. The last day of the trip no light at all. I must mention that the light came on the first time well into our trip and we had already done some heavy uphill with no problems at all. All this time even with the light there was no loss of power or indication shifts. I will go over to Edge the first chance I get and have them read the codes if any are in memory. I am up to an OEM fuel filter change. The first one was out at 6500 miles so I'm due.
Jim- sorry we just couldn't get back over to Stevensville. I had the time but Bev didn't. Maybe next time. We really love the Bitterroot and the Flathead area so we won't be long coming back.
Denny
Denny

Mark Sloper
07-29-2004, 18:40
Inspector, I'v been having starting problems for three weeks now with my 04 lb7. If I'm not mistaken you posted what might be a similar problem. At first I thought it was the Edge 4.73 hard start problem; where the truck won't fire on the first start, but does on the second try after waiting a minute. Now with the Edge box disconnected the truck would not start at all. It will crank but not start. I had the truck towed to the dealer where they replaced the crank sensor. The following day the truck ran great for about three hours when it happened again. I was running the truck with the edge box disconnected. After running around town, I went to start it and it started but quickly died. It would not start again. I had it towed back to the dealer. This time the dealer replaced the cam sensor. Two days later it happened again. The truck sits at the dealer, what will they replace next? This is extremely frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas?