PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Pull-Off results

More Power
07-28-2004, 13:09
The Diesel Page
Pull-Off V - July 2004
GM, Ford or Dodge? - Determining Braggin' Rights!

http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/pulloff04.htm

The truest test of diesel pickup performance can only come when run on a real hill and with a real load. After all, most diesel pickup buyers bought their truck to tow trailers. Launching from a dead stop, then running full-pedal with a 10K+ loaded trailer for a measured mile on a 6% grade helps to separate fact from ad hype.

Kennedy
07-29-2004, 08:05
Way to go Darrell!

I'm pretty sure that you could have beaten my ET from last year had that wind not popped up...

motovet
07-29-2004, 10:19
Great article Jim, but who is that grey haired guy standing in front of my truck? As far as the last run goes with the "big" program, yes without the strong wind at the last half of the run it would have been a record breaker alright. I had hit 75MPH at the halfway point and picking up speed when we hit the "wall" of wind, but the big VA atleast held the MPH. It would have been nice to see what was possible without the wind, but it was quite a smoke show anyway. Thanks John for supplying the necessities to get to the top. The new VA tunes John offers are very good and deserve strong consideration by all you pullers out there. Towing my trailer to and from the event I did alot of comparisons and found all the VA tunes up to the 125 to run cooler than the Attitude with like tunes in all situations with similar performance. As for the "big" one....well get some trans. work done and see for youself...it will stay in my truck for sure!

[ 07-29-2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: motovet ]

Kennedy
07-30-2004, 13:52
Actually, the 125 is one of those tunes we accidentally came up with. Working down from the 150HP tune, we hit this nice little middle ground tune, and kept it for the guy who wants a moderately aggressive tow tune that maintains sane EGT's. It's been a real hit for those who have used it.

eracers999
08-02-2004, 17:22
Really good stuff guys.
Kent

Kennedy
08-03-2004, 05:39
I just paged thru the Motor Trend "Pull Off" and it looks like we need to all buy Fords. Their dated interior is "Classic" :rolleyes: and they are quieter, and faster... :confused:

Kennedy
08-20-2004, 06:08
So nobody else read the Motor Trend Article????

Benoni
08-20-2004, 21:37
Any idea why the GM had problems in the Motor Trend Pulloff compared to the Ford? Did the truck have the LLY or the LB7? I dont recall.

FlyRod
08-21-2004, 14:10
I read the artical. The problem was the fan clutched in during the GM's pull test. The ranking was heavily weighted on pulling power. See my posting, "Reduced by the fan."