PDA

View Full Version : quarter mile times

bajaman21
04-27-2005, 17:18
I went the the strip for the first time in my 02 reg cab duramax, i have an aem air intake and edge juice with attitude and a 4 inch straight pipe, i was running in 4 wheel drive my best time was 14.2 at 92 miles an hour, i was suprised my self, so was the turbo charged subaru i raced, his time was a 15.3. I am kind of new, i have been a member since dec. 04, i was kind of looking for advice, i would like to do a tranny upgrade so i can stack a programmer, and maybe a shot of nitrous, (just for the drag strip), I was looking at the suncoast stage 4, but i really dont know who to have install it. I live in Kansas city Mo and really dont know any good tranny shops that i would trust with and allison. Also i bought the truck in dec 04 with 54,000 now it has 67,000, should i worry about any motor problems, im not worried now but it is a daily driver so i would like it to be dependable at 100,000. Also is anyone going to the sprinfield 4x4 fun fest for the truck pull. Any help would be appreciated. thanx

Kennedy
04-28-2005, 09:06
My suggestion for transmission is to go with a complete built transmission. Then there's no way the kit installer can get caught in the middle. Kit install is not that bad, but a full built trans ensures that it was done right and minimizes down time on the vehicle as you simply need to R&R the unit.