PDA

View Full Version : The juice or this???

Duramaxdiesel
01-19-2003, 13:43
Have you seen this? https://secure.wwmns.com/bullydog/product.asp?intProdID=99 Anyone have one on their ride. smile.gif

Duramaxdiesel
01-19-2003, 13:46
Sorry about the link. Here it is again.

https://secure.wwmns.com/bullydog/product.asp?intProdID=99

stretch
01-19-2003, 14:53
The Bullydog seems to be pretty cool especially with the interior power selector switch, but I'd be concerned about brutalizing your tranny with that kind of output. The concensus here seems to be 125 hp max before the Allison starts screaming for mercy. The price is another deterent. Personally I would go with the refurb. Juice at approx. $600.00 + $300.00 for the "Hot" program and pocket the other $600.00 you saved for some other enhancments such as an exhaust... This is my opinion, I'm sure others will contridct. Another consideration is the fact that Bullydog basically abandoned the PowerPlay/Plug that was a POS. I prefer vendors that stand by their products. They should have at least offered buyers of their original product a dicount on future products since it was a premature introduction that wreaked havoc on some of the trucks they were installed in. :mad:

CPMac632
01-19-2003, 15:05
That box is a Van Aaken so you can get it from another retailer if you don't like bullydog.

TraceF
01-19-2003, 15:13
Kennedy sold (sells?) the VanAaken box. May be worth a try from the right seller. Keep us posted!

tongue.gif

CPMac632
01-19-2003, 15:22
I haven't talked to JK for a while but he was trying the box out. He does a very good job of making sure a product is right before he promotes or sells it so I guess he'll have to say. I have been working with Van Aaken directly and have worked on Manual and Allison trucks and have made some great power. Some people still are scared of fuel pressure which this box does not change but It does run very well.

Duramaxdiesel
01-19-2003, 16:33
Yeah the price is way up there. I'm leaning more toward the Juice myself but don't know about the cost in CDN funds. Actually, I'm gonna give BD-Power a call now since their out of BC. I'll let you know.

CPMac632
01-19-2003, 18:05
The 200+ hp box is $1500 but the 70 and 110 hp box is comparable to the price of the 90 hp juice.

fredw
01-20-2003, 06:56
for the last 3 months i have the 75-110hp bully, i only run it on the 110 setting, have had a few fishbites, bully said they will send me out a new wiring harnees, pros is the hp and the milliage, i have the instant miliage command center on my 03, from turning it from stock hp to 110 setting i see a 33percent increase in milliage, it is awsome milage(made 900 km on last 98 liter tank) cons,i started it after sitting outside for the night in minus 22degree c. or about 5far.and it started a bit harder than stock but timing seamed to be way to far advanced and made a lot of unwanted sounds when driving until it warmed up, but with the switch inside, it is easy to shut off, have not pulled anything with it yet

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited by: fredw ]

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited by: fredw ]

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited by: fredw ]</p>

Maxter
01-20-2003, 10:04
fredw:

This mileage increase seems like alot. I've got the normal juice and from what I can understand, the juice and your box operate pretty much the same way.

I do a 900km run back and forth every 2 weeks and I haven't seen a noticable improvement on the mileage.

When I run empty, I barely manage to do the run with 1 full tank but my tank is 128 liters, most of the time there's 8-10 liters left in the tank wich is not very brilliant on my part.

When my "Low Fuel" indicator comes on, I know that I have 100km left. Depending where I am on my ittinerary, I go to fuel immediatly or I wait until I arrive.

The conditions are as follow:

650km @ 110km/h, relatively hilly road
250km @ 120km/h, highway
-----
900km

With the juice on level 4, Even on the hilly road, I never drop out of fifth unless I have to stop or I'm following a semi up a big hill @ 25km/h.

What are your conditions? Is anyboday else able to confirm such a gain in mileage?

Thanks.

JF

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited by: Maxter ]</p>

Kennedy
01-20-2003, 12:24
This box is coming right along, but I have not kept up with the version updates (1.6 is current) and have not been given programming capabilities. To add to confusion is all of this relabeling going on. :rolleyes:

I've been in contact with a distributor (other than the afformentioned) who has offered some good insight and pricing, but haven't yet seen the v1.6. I have v1.5 which is less than a month old. I should add that these revisions are actually a good thing as they show the mfr's dedication to continually refining the product.

The 200+ HP version (I've seen it called everything from 210-235HP) that I ran was on loan from CPMac, and from what I am told wasn't quite all there. I'd hate to see what it did if it was all there as I recalled 1781

fredw
01-21-2003, 16:33
maxer: you have asked about my coniditions,33inch tires, kn air filter, when i am getting my 900 km per tank it is hiway, no trailer,cruise set at 118km, bully set to 110hp, at 800 light comes on and i must add 7 percent for larger tires, driving in town i drop down to about 690 plus 7 percent, truck has 12000 km on