PDA

View Full Version : Predator?

Murray the Cop
08-07-2004, 06:24
A while back I read a thread that stated that Chevy could detect if the predator had been used in your truck. Is this true? If so is it the fact that they can tell how many times the comp. has been reflashed or is it specific to the predator. I have one and have been using it for diagnostics only. I planned to stack it with my juice once I get the tranny upgraded but if it is detectable I'm not so sure. If it a case of detecting the reflash then I'm sunk anyway because I started with a Quad box. I also hear that the updated predator is not married to the truck. Is this true? I thought maybe the fact that they are married once you use them had something to do with the detection by Chevy (if they can). Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Anthony

1BADDMAX
08-07-2004, 15:01
When my injectors failed on July 2nd I programmed the truck back to stock. The dealership never said anything. They went ahead and ordered 8 new injectors. At least I got a chance to send it back and get it updated to version 1.11. As soon as I get the truck back I will be sure to program it for my 33" tires, but I will leave the stock tuning. I want to see how the new injectors do before I do any performance tuning. BTW when I programmed back to stock I couldn't tell a difference in power!!