PDA

View Full Version : How about DP vendor ratings?

TraceF
01-21-2003, 15:30
I sell on EBay and work hard to maintain my perfect seller record because my prospective next customer(s) can see my ranking by my past customers.

I am currently dealing with a DP advertiser who e-mailed me that my order would ship on 1/16 or 1/17. I am seeking confirmation that my items are on the way only, I am asking nothing else of this vendor. I am not getting a straight answer.

If there was a vendor ranking by DP members it is entirely possible that I may not have ordered from this vendor. Conversely, he could have a perfect rating, I'd like to know.

I know the ad revenue is important to DP but it shouldn't be so important that vendors are shielded at member's expense.

Since vendors are permitted to hype, promote, project, and do additional advertising free by posting in these forums, I think it is reasonable for paying members to be able to rate them somehow.

sdaver
01-21-2003, 15:57
IM ALL FOR IT I GIVE EDGE AND KENNEDY 4 STARS OUT OF FOUR........ :D DAVE

More Power
01-21-2003, 16:25
This isn't the best forum to do it, but sure, you can solicit comments from others regarding DP vendors. I might suggest one of the Member forums above might be a more appropriate venue, but that are still viewable by the public.

Suggest which member forum you want, and we'll move it there.

Otherwise, everyone should know that being a DP vendor/advertiser should add confidence in your ability to do business with them. Each of them know that to be offered the privilege of advertising here, their first priority is a satisfied customer.

There is only a small number of instances in the past seven years where members/customers have contacted us because of their dealings with a DP advertiser. In all cases, each ended satisfactorily. That's a requirement. This also means that if a vendor does not advertise here, we may not be able to help.

MP

[ 01-21-2003: Message edited by: More Power ]</p>

MadDuraMax
01-21-2003, 16:30
MP,

I agree, a place in the members forums would be nice to see. No only for advertisers but for any vendor we would like to make other readers/members aware or beware of.

This would be a good tool if not abused.

Mark

TraceF
01-21-2003, 16:59
&lt;&lt; I might suggest one of the Member forums above might be a more appropriate venue, but that are still viewable by the public.
Suggest which member forum you want, and we'll move it there. &gt;&gt;

Sorry- I don't understand this.

Could we somehow name them, rank them say 1-5, and have room for short comments?

Or are you talking open forum?

Sorry- don't understand.

More Power
01-21-2003, 17:28
This thread has been transferred to the:

"General Diesel" forum

The contents of that forum are viewable by the public.

[ 01-21-2003: Message edited by: More Power ]</p>