PDA

View Full Version : Subtle Stumble...

armalite
01-23-2003, 16:36
I recently had my injector pump replaced to eliminate my lopey idle problem. I was very please with the way the truck ran after the pump was relpaced. Idle was smooth and acceleration was good. After about a week of driving (including a 500 mile round trip to the ski slopes)my truck started to act funny. I made a late night trip to the local grocery store and noticed my volt meter gauge was lower than normal and my dash lights were very dim. The message center then lit up with a low coolant warning. I made it back home to discover a trail of liquid leading to a large pool of coolant on the garage floor. Popped the hood and found the front of the engine soaked with coolant. The serpentine belt was soaked causing slippage on the alternator thus giving the low voltage output. Took the truck to the dealer, fixed the leak, cleaned engine compartment.

Now, I am noticing a very slight stumble when I take off from a dead start and I can also feel a slight creep when the brake is applied lightly when coming to a stop. The engine also sounds a little different from inside the cab. I am getting "wub wub wub wub" sound upon acceleration in cadence with engine rpm. The truck just has not been the same since the leak was fixed. Was wondering what types of symptoms other folks have had with a bad injector or if anyone has experienced this type of problem?

Idle_Chatter
01-24-2003, 09:04
Armalite, your latest symptoms, brake creep and "wub-wub" noise make me think that they didn't properly clean the pulleys or replace the drive belt. Sounds like you still have belt slippage which would be making the noise and your brake boost is off the power steering pump. I'd take it back to the stealer and ask them to pull the engine drive belt, thoroughly clean all the pulleys and idlers and install a new belt.

armalite
01-24-2003, 10:11
Thanks Idle,

It is going back to the dealer.