PDA

View Full Version : remote auto starters

polaris800
10-14-2002, 13:39
I would like to hear from some of you that already have installed a remote self car starter. It's starting to get cold here and I'm going treat myself to one so I can have a nice warm truck to get into in the mornings.

I have a new 2003 chevy duramax CC 4x4 2500.

Thanks

c5dura
10-14-2002, 13:50
I don't have one installed yet, but I'm going with this one as soon as it is released, which should be sometime this month.

http://www.crimestopper.com/index2.html

http://www.crimestopper.com/rs999fm.html

List price is $199.95.

ALLIMAX
10-14-2002, 14:39
I have read where GM will offer a remote start on the 2004 models.

sdaver
10-14-2002, 14:43
had one on my 99 6.0 2500 and there were some vehicle anti theft issues.........basically when the ignition wires were cut or tied into it changes the resistance and induces the anti theft which disable the ignition. resistors have to be installed to mimic the orginal resistence........there lies the problem........get a good installer and ask for references.....i dont think i will have it done again......dave

3-Fan
10-14-2002, 14:51
I have a DEI Valet 552T Remote starter installed since last Jan. Sure is nice. Sit in the office or while eating breakfast, push the buttons and she starts right up. Just remember to set the parking break and turn on the defrost the night before. Setting the parking break doesn't allow the headlights to automatically come on.

I have been having the Security SES light come on and stay on though when using the remote start. Also have had the truck not want to start a few times. I think that was my fault though becasue I pressed the buttons in the wrong order and caused it to go into valet mode.

Make sure you get the anti grind feature so in case the truck doesn't start after x amount of time she quits grinding and won't run your battery down.

chuntag95
10-14-2002, 14:58
c5dura,

Where did you find to buy? I see nothing on their site?

Alli-max
10-14-2002, 16:21
I have the autopage 750LCD. 2 way remote on it is nice. It shows when the truck is actually running. It also has a cool down feature. Press the button after a long trip, and get out, lock the doors. Runs for (I set it this way) 10 more minutes.

Another cool feature... I can hit a sequence of buttons, and have it start and run every 3 hours for 10 minutes for a 24 hour period. Bought mine from JPcustoms . c.o.m. (you can figure out the website...done for spam reasons)

c5dura
10-14-2002, 16:37
chuntag, I have been corresponding with them via email (hmiller@crimestopper.com). I plan to call them up once its actually released to place my order. Their products are also available from various retail outlets, but the RD999FM probably won't be available that way for a while.

C5dura

Kennedy
10-14-2002, 17:10
I have the DEI Hornet 553 which is up from the 552 and adds security, but I really think the 552 would have been a better simpler choice.

I have had no start on a couple occasionsdue to the factory ani-theft VTD fuel disable. 10 minutes wait, it checks again, and all is well...

carnutsx2
10-16-2002, 01:51
The Crime Stopper part I use to interface with the Passlocl I and LL is the RS-GMataII this will duplicate the factory Passlock key . They seem to work for me at this point 100% of the time ( knock on wood ).
Check out Crime Stoppers new FM 2 way paging alarm with the LCD display that shows what is getting set off and if the truck is running. The cool new thing year is 2 car opperation with full control. For some reason I cant find the new dealer price list so I cant tell you the price. sorry

BKoopman
10-17-2002, 10:48
I have the Viper Responder 2 way starter/alarm (made by Directed Electronics Inc. or DEI). I like the fact that I can visually see if it is running or not. I had other systems in the past that worked very well but knowing if it is running or not is really cool. It can also page you if the alarm has been set off. Local installer did it for $474 out the door.

Toddster
10-17-2002, 18:27
Hey BKoop, could you e-mail me, I'm very interested in them Sylvania HID's, Thanx.

Sled boy
10-17-2002, 19:00
I have installed Design Tech remote starter. they are the only brand that i have installed but the tec support is great. i have installed on gas and diesel about 52 units in the past 4 years. the also offer a bypass module for theif detant systems that makes it easy. smile.gif

BKoopman
10-18-2002, 17:01
Toddster,

I don't have email set up this computer so I can answer your questions via the forum or you'll have to wait until Mon when I get back into the shop.

I highly reccommend them. I have sold over 15 sets in the past 2 weeks. They have the HID for the lows and are now shipping with a set of the SilverStar bulbs for the highs. These lights have made my PIAA 520 fog lights obsolete. I just keep them there for looks. Take about 2 minutes to install...direct replacement.