PDA

View Full Version : Duramax on the SPEED channel

Corey S
10-14-2002, 15:19
Yesterday on the SPEED channel, the Two Guys Garage show featured several BD Power products for the Duramax. They installed an exhaust brake, exhaust backpressure sensor/gauge, boost gauge, EGT gauge, the X-Monitor, and an EZ-Amp box. They even did a couple dyno runs towards the end of the show!

The whole time I thought I was watching an infomercial for BD!

JoeyD
10-14-2002, 15:52
The D-Max is a sour subject on TDR. It seems some guys think Sam M is a sell out because he was a Dodge Cummins guy. I am sure BD supplied the products for free or close to it for advertising reasons, the same as they did for his Dodge.

mackin
10-14-2002, 18:48
An info commercial is what it is ...... It is all about the money.......Ya they are sore about it for not only for the ownership of MIDNIGHT but he was and may still be a writer for their quarterly mag the column is called the Celebrity Corner......All though they the loyalist turned it into a way to bash the Duramax (what else is new :rolleyes: ) but deep down it was the way he signed off "I LOVE MY TRUCK" like a true loyalist.....So when he jumped ship or should I say there was more cash for the WALLET from GM and after market they jumped on him and the Duramax as if it mattered.....Me I could care less as in two or three years he'll be driving a Ford anyway......

MAC

Allison Jettester
10-15-2002, 12:39
The Speed Channel and the Outdoor channel are both nothing more than shopping channels. I turned to what was supposed to be In Fisherman and Roland Martin Shows and there was only infomercials. Both channels use most of their air time advertising and when they do have a show, it is just demoing an advertised product. I have stopped watching them.

Jumbo Jet
10-15-2002, 14:35
For enough money, he would own and add accessories to a Yugo!

GMCTRUCK
10-16-2002, 17:44
I saw that episode. He seemed really excited about his new truck. They only set the box on the 60hp setting. He must have needed a new truck. I'm sure the Cummins still ran great and the rest of the truck fell apart. There's a reason you don't see many mechanics or autobody guys driving Dodges. They look great new but the cheap fit and finish doesn't take long to show up. Ever seen how bad all the exterior (plastic/chrome) fades after only a few years. And yeah they have a big front axle but its connected by the cheapest stamped trailing links to a weak frame. I used to be a Dodge fan till I bought one new in 95 and the Cummins was the only thing that worked. If it wasn't for that engine no one would buy those things. Sorry, I sometimes relapse into the state of rage my Dodge and Chrylser used to put me in. :mad:

Luis
10-19-2002, 06:36
How True.....I know I am brand loyal to my GMC, but in MMHO Dodge is a cheaper product in many respects. My wife just bought a Dodge Ram Conversion van last week. Not my choice, I wanted the Chevy, but she wanted the Dodge because it was HALF THE PRICE! (She drives it, not me) When I got home I was looking through the van. As I looked underneath I noticed that Dodge did not or does not put that black wax stuff on the frame or rear end. Why? I don't know, but the rear differental is rust coated already. I know you can pick anything apart and GM is not perfect, but there is a noticable difference without looking hard.
Come on GM, put the D/A in the Suburban or a Van so I can get rid of this Dodge!