PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, those test vehicles

Jomar
10-14-2002, 20:27
Just a quick note on test vehicles being demoed. I drove a new Dmax on a test track before they ever could be ordered, It was hooked up to a 8500# trailer and I wish the one I have pulled as well as the test vehicle. This test and others were conducted by and under the watchful eyes of Gm engineers. That`s the way it goes.

Jomar

AKDmax
10-14-2002, 21:00
Jomar, that wouldn't be on the hill headed to Payson would it? My brother-in-law mentioned the 8500lb. trailer used during testing in AZ. Why doesn't yours pull as good?

getupingo
10-14-2002, 21:13
that hill going to Payson is one heck of a killer. :eek: My 89 f**d 460 ran up that hill in 1st gear at 35 mph pulling my 10000lb weekend warrior. That was when I decided to get my Dmax, and now with the same load I am able to maintain a solid 55mph. (my Dmax is completely stock).

getupingo :cool:

[ 10-14-2002: Message edited by: getupingo ]</p>

Jomar
10-20-2002, 21:51
AKDmax
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I`ve been out of town. No it wasn`t in Payson (sp) it was on a rather flat oval course and I just feel like the test Chevy had a little bit more ump, like maybe the Chevy guys had tweaked it up just a little bit , like I`m sure the Ford guys did in Laughlin. I have no doudt that these factory engineers know what the results are going to be before they compare their vechiles against their competion.

Jomar