PDA

View Full Version : Sticker Idea for the Dmax

Swayse
10-15-2002, 12:01
I wanna take the 4x4 stickers off my truck and add some SS 6.6 stickers. Stickers about 3" high and about 6" long, and put them about where the 454SS stickers where on those trucks. Maybe some small lettering under the sticker, letters about .5" high that will say TURBO DIESEL. I'll never get around to doing it, but I think it would be kinda cool. What do ya'll think? Any better ideas?

Or maybe some big stickers that would go on the back window, GOT JUICE?. :D

imported_
10-15-2002, 14:14
swayse...send me your email addy... i will send you the sdesign for the decals i am having made up...they are cool..... rt10magnum1@excite.com

IndigoDually
10-15-2002, 15:56
I was thinking of removing the "4x4" and replacing it with "6x6"

John

c5dura
10-15-2002, 16:16
Indigo, that's amazing! I was thinking the exact same thing driving home from the dealership this evening (had the center marker gasket replaced).

It should look exactly like the stock sticker, only 6x6 instead of 4x4.

Steve Cornell
10-15-2002, 18:19
Hey Guys,

Give Decal King a call, I'm sure he would make them for you,

Here is their web site http://www.decalking.com/

They have many different decals already for our trucks, I have the 8100 Vortec on my 01....

1 more week and I can pick up my new 03 D\A CC :D

sixl
10-15-2002, 21:32
CUM and STROKE THIS !! :D ;)

Kennedy
10-15-2002, 21:37
I just plain took mine off. If it needs a 4x4 sticker to know it that it is one, it's TOO LOW! :eek:

chevmeister
10-15-2002, 22:09
Im in Pa. Im a member. I own a vinylprinter/cutter. If you can think it I can make it.

[ 10-15-2002: Message edited by: chevmeister ]</p>

AKDmax
10-15-2002, 23:50
chevmeister,
How about some "thedieselpage.com" stickers for us to promote the page. Nice, tasteful design.

chevmeister
10-16-2002, 07:17
Gotta ask MP about that. Id be glad to make them Cheap. But this is his Page.

IndigoDually
10-16-2002, 08:36
Chev, Where in Pa. are you?

John

More Power
10-16-2002, 15:25
TheDieselPage.com stickers would be a good idea.... Might even help sponsor a batch....

As far as an "SS" sticker. I've been thinking about having a couple made for the new Duramax Project truck that say "SS 6600", using a font similar to the new 2003 Chevy SS truck badges.

MP

chevmeister
10-16-2002, 19:44
Boothwyn, Pa you can reach me @hotmail.com

BKoopman
10-17-2002, 10:42
I too own a wholesale graphics company. We have the capability to print and contour cut any size decal. If you look at the 4x4 decal on the rear fender of my truck it is similar to the OEM but I changed it a bit. I also printed it on reflective vinyl so at night if lights up red, white, and black.

I would be more than happy to send some samples for MP to take a look at.

More Power
10-17-2002, 13:43
Sure, send samples.....

One note though... We cannot use any names or graphics trademarked by GM or anyone else. "Duramax", "GMC", "Chevrolet", and related emblems, etc, are trademarked by GM, and cannot be used on t-shirts, hats, mugs, or other 'for sale" items without a license agreement.

MP

BKoopman
10-17-2002, 16:08
Yeah I know that all too well. Prior to my sign shop I sold Corvette decals at all of the major shows around the country. After about 3-4 months interest got really big. I had some of the big distributors in the Corvette world (ie Ecklers, Mid America, etc.) asking to carry my product. But none of them would touch it unless it was sanctioned by GM. I then went through the LONG process of getting their apoproval. It took 8 months and a lot of $$$$$ but in the long run it was worth it. I sold my shares to my partners (I was tired of travleing every weekend) and they continued to sell them. I don't know if they still are or not.

I am also a member of the C5 Registry (www.c5registry.com). Our logo has the crossed flags in it. GM allows us to use it since we support them and their products. You may want to look into it. I don't think it cost the Registry anything.

BKoopman
10-18-2002, 14:19
Hey Chev,

What type of printer/cutter are you using? What software?

chevmeister
10-19-2002, 10:24
BKoopman
Email me "member name"@hotmail.com like to talk to you about the same

crafty
10-21-2002, 08:46
Take a look at my pics, accesories pg2 for "thedieselpage.com" stickes on my truck. I took an original sticker from MP and blew it up on a copier and then took it to my local sign shop. I think it looks great. :D :D :D

Jelisfc
10-21-2002, 15:03
I'm sure the Dodge and Ford boys think we're all evil so how about 666. 6.6L 6spd? For those of us with the ZF. Kind of a twisted take on the Olds 442.

typecast
10-21-2002, 15:13
Hey some of you guys are sounding like the ricer kids. Most of my cars I've gone around and completely de-stickered and de-badged. I don't care so much that everyone knows "exactly what I got" as much as my stuff looks clean and well cared for.

GS

Swayse
10-22-2002, 07:04
Hate to say it, but we all drive rice(Isuzu). I need some wing advice, I need the biggest tallest wing made. Some neon lights under the truck, and some bouncey shocks so I can bounce around town with my....

MountainMax
10-22-2002, 10:51
Man you sound like my kind of people. Of course MY fuzzy dice and bobbing head dog come from Wal-Mart. Once in a while I get stupid and come out of the mountains and go to the big city of Houston. Naturally I want to fit in. Who needs all this clearance in the city. A set of tiny spoke rims with spinners sticking out six inches and some neon underneath does the job. But as long as we're in a --ssing contest with other diesels: I would replace the "DuramaxDiesel" sticker with one more like the Dodge: "400 cid 32 valve Duramax Turbo Diesel-In yo face you Detroit copycats" You know, somethang wid a lil adda tude. :D

chuntag95
10-22-2002, 11:16
Mountains ....... Around Houston :confused:
Must have missed them when I drove through last time. tongue.gif That darn traffic keeps you from seeing the sights.

We need to have Duramax Diesel translated into one of them Japaneese kanji stickers like they put on them cooooool cars. :D :eek: tongue.gif