PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Rear Wheel Horsepower- then Juice

TraceF
01-24-2003, 16:49
OK- I've read 180, I've read 220, now in a recent post I read 240.

What kind of RWHP do we really have with no mods other than filters and exhaust?

Then Juice- are we talking 90 RWHP?

I am trying to find a dyno near enough to get some real data when I get my Juice box and wonder what to expect.

I also wonder how much variance there is from truck to truck.

Give up the cheese guys.

:D

mackin
01-24-2003, 18:50
Trace

245 ish seems to be the number I've seen the most with the Allison .....Socaldmax has dyno his truck with the Juice (the post is here some where) and the Juice Delivers as advertised @ the rear wheels......

MAC

Maverick
01-24-2003, 18:54
My bone stock (amsoil air filter) dually put down 258 rwhp at the 02 Rendevous on BD's dyno. Almost 350 rwhp juiced up. :D

I think the main key to pulling a good dyno number is having a nice hot engine to run. Alot of guys start them up and put them on the dyno and get poor numbers. John Kennedy told me to make sure it was warmed up so I took it out on the freeway before my run to get some heat in the motor. More Power's (Jim) truck didn't pull a good number the first time either. The second run was better and the third was better yet. It kept building up heat. That is the key to a good number with a Duramax.

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

TraceF
01-25-2003, 04:29
Maverick- Are you talking 90 hp Juice or Hot Juice?

SoCalDMAX
01-25-2003, 12:10
TraceF,

Mine dyno'd at 247rwhp, right in the middle of the range that the dyno operator said that he's seen (240-250rwhp.)

The regular Juice added 85rwhp in level 4, within 5 hp of advertised.

Just remember, a lot of the other modules are rated at estimated crank hp, the Juice is rated at the rear wheel.

Something I've noticed is that they caution you not to tow in levels 3 or 4. However, in the cold winter climate (and it's still in the 60s and 70s here) I've been towing in level 3 with EGTs staying below 1200*. With a little common sense and looking at load, terrain and outside temp, one can find the right level for great power and still be safe.

In 100* summer heat, I'd definitely stick to level 2.

Regards, Steve

Maverick
01-25-2003, 14:48
TraceF,
258 rwhp is with the Allison. I have the 90hp version box.