PDA

View Full Version : Got Juice?

wild bore
01-25-2003, 10:19
I got my regular juice yesterday and installed it this morning. Very easy to install. I started off with level 2 ,following the instructions. Ther was a very nice improvement in power.
Now, when I set it to level 4, it still only reved up 2 times. I tried it 4 more times, it did the same,there is more power , but I`m wondering if it should have reved 4 times or is it too fast to really count.

TN farmer
01-25-2003, 10:45
Wild Bore,

your engine will rev 4 times and if you listen close you can pick them out. In the past I have tried changing mine four or five times with no luck but leave the truck for thirty min. and it will program first try when I come back. In otherwords try it again it sounds like you are still in level two.

[ 01-25-2003: Message edited by: TN farmer ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
01-25-2003, 11:21
Here's the method I use for setting the level, and it seems to work nearly every time.

Key on - engine off, move shifter to desired level and depress throttle fully 3 times at a slow deliberate pace (about a 1 second interval.)

Turn key off.

Key on - engine off, select tow/haul mode and move shifter to desired level and depress throttle fully 3 times at a slow deliberate pace (about a 1 second interval.)

Turn key off.

Now start it and try the confirmation.

I think the key to success is to always set the levels in both normal and tow/haul every time, even if you're only changing one mode.

Of course, this is all just a guess, but I've been successful the 1st time nearly every time.

Regards, Steve

SteveO
01-25-2003, 14:16
wild bore,

I would like to add to SoCalDMAX post..

When you turn the key on make sure the "Service Engine" light is not on.. If it is go ahead and start the engine up and let it run for a minute or two.. Cut the engine off and try it again.. I have found the Juice will not program correctly if the light is on during the process..

On last thing&gt;&gt; When you start the engine to check for the proper setting (P-N-P) YOU have got to cycle the Tow/Haul button one time...

[ 01-25-2003: Message edited by: SteveO ]</p>

wild bore
01-25-2003, 17:30
Whew doggy, I think I found level 4. That big ass truck hauls now. tongue.gif Even with my work cap,ladders, tools and other crap in the back, it still turn ed both tires over. ;)

Thanks guys, even level 2 has great power

Now I need exhaust,gauges...........

HawgGuy
01-25-2003, 21:47
I think the whole level setting algorithm of the juice may be a little flakey. Through multiple firmware revisions I have always had difficulty & inconsistency when trying to change levels. I finally called Aaron at Edge and he was able to walk me through a routine which only involved TWO pumps on the go pedal, setting the tow/haul level first. This now usually works (when I can remember).

-bob
'01 2500

sdaver
01-25-2003, 23:43
so you can teach an ole hawg a new trick.........always cycle the tow haul :D dave

NWDmax
01-26-2003, 00:39
Funny thing was when I purchased my EZ AMP/Juice box it didn't even come with instuctions on how to verify what level I was in.If it wasn't for The Diesel Pages I probably still wouldn't know for sure.This site rules! Blake :cool:

motovet
01-26-2003, 02:09
It wasn't that long ago there was no confirmation on the Juice. With the 3.0 you just set it and forget it. I still say that version had the best hit of em all.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: motovet ]</p>

RVGuy
01-26-2003, 11:00
HawgGuy,

You said Aaron told you a way of setting the Juice's level with only two pumps. Do I understand you correctly that you do execute all the steps with the exception that you only depress the go pedal twice?????

We have several who are providing input who all say their way produces the best results for them. I also have a sequence that differs from everyone else.

What this tells me is there is apparently many combinations of sequences that work. The one comment that caused me to think twice was the one "to make certain the engine light goes off before trying to program the Juice."

That could be the key to making the change. Its possible that while the light is on, the computers are doing their checks and the bus is busy. Makes sense to me. Can anyone confirm this?

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: RVGuy ]</p>

SteveO
01-26-2003, 11:26
RVGuy,

I have installed a few Juice boxes since they came out..

I have found that EVERYTIME the "Service Engine" light stays on after you turn the swtich on your wasting your time...

Like I said, If it comes on go ahead and start the truck up and let it idle for a minute or two and try again...

DBeener
01-26-2003, 12:01
I received my Juice the other day and the instructions that came with it said to pump accelerator TWO times to set level. I have used two pumps to set level and three pumps to set level and they both have worked so far. I set level four in tow haul and level two in drive. On confirmation I can only hear three revs for level four(tow haul). I will try setting tow haul level first and see if that makes any difference.. One thing for sure is this truck really hauls a$$ with the Juice.

Richard Pelletier
01-26-2003, 13:05
When I first purchased my Juice it was a 3.01, I think. I sent it back to get the 3.61, and then to get the current 4.61. When I program it the check engine light flashes three times when I am finished. Is this flashing telling me it is programed? I do not get any revening at all.

R :confused:

Kennedy
01-26-2003, 13:26
Programming Levels on the Edge Juice

1) Set park brake.

2) Turn ignition key on, engine off.

3) Select desired level, and transmission mode. Levels are 1,2,3, and 4 as indicated by the gear selector. D is level 4 and R is off. You can select ANY level with the transmission in normal mode and any level in Tow Haul mode. They can be the same, or different, and will remain set until you change them. Normal and Tow/Haul levels are set independently of one another, and are defaulted to: Normal = L2 and Tow/Haul = L1. They will not change unless you reset them.

4) Push the accelerator pedal fully to the floor three (two will also do in most cases) times in succession. Take your time, be deliberate, and pause for 1/2 second at the top/bottom of travel. This isn't a race. Also, make sure there are no mats interfering with 100% travel.

5) Move selector to park and start the engine. Cycle the Tow/Haul button on/off and then set to the mode you want to check. Shift from Park to N and back to Park, at which time the engine idle will briefly flare. The number of these bursts will be consistent with the level at which the module is programmed for the specific transmission mode. Example: Level 4 will give 4 short flares in idle RPM. The first flare can come right as the selector hits park, so listen closely. Also, sometimes the flares can double hitch as in vroom-vroom, vroom-vroom, etc. Most times it will vroom, vroom, etc, so you will need to pay close attention with a keen ear.

Power levels are as follows:

Std Juice 90 HP version:
1=30HP
2=60HP
3=75HP
4=90HP
R=Fueling increase off - timing only

HOT Juice 125 HP version:
1=60HP
2=75HP
3=90HP
4=125HP
R=Fueling increase off - timing only

bearman
01-26-2003, 17:53
J K
Does this work the same for the EZ Amp??
Cheers
Bear