PDA

View Full Version : Check out my crashed D-Max

Duramaxdiesel
10-18-2002, 20:23
I posted these pics a little while ago on Pickuptruck.com. Thought maybe you guys would be interested in seeing how the truck held up after hitting a moose and a couple of forty-foot tall pine trees. Go to this link to see
http://community.webshots.com/user/duramaxdiesel

Later,
Nick

Wally
10-18-2002, 20:55
Yeesh what a mess! I guess every one was ok?
I noticed the album was created Dec 2001. Does that mean it happened last year. Did they total it? Did the air bags go off? Most of the damage was from the Moose or the pine trees?

Milkman
10-18-2002, 21:05
Duramax 1

Moose 0

smile.gif smile.gif

I figure, if you can't laugh about it, what can you do??

Duramaxdiesel
10-18-2002, 21:11
Yup, it happened last May. Poor truck. I was the only one in the truck. Funny thing, the air bag never went off on my side. Mind you the drivers side didn't take most of the impact. I had the pass. air bag switch set to "off". I know that the moose died a little while after I hit it. The damn thing was able to drag itself into the bush where the game warden found it. He said that his back end looked like the front of my truck. Oh yeah, the trees did the most damage. They landed up scrapping the truck because the parts weren't available at the time. Besides, the moonroof wouldn't even shut. Must've been twisted.

Nick

mackin
10-19-2002, 06:23
Duramaxdiesel

OUCH !!!!!!! :(

Are you getting anouther one? Or did you?

MAC

JEBar
10-19-2002, 06:35
OUCH sounds about right .... about how fast were you traveling when all this took place? Glad to note no people damage .... Jim :eek:

Eric Alan
10-19-2002, 07:27
Wpw, glad to see that you got out of the truck OK. I saw the outcome of a moose/trooper collision in Maine a few years ago and they were not as fortunate. Vehicles today are designed to take the punishment and leave the cabin mostly unharmed. Do you have any pictures of the interior?

Again, glad to see you were OK.

c5dura
10-19-2002, 09:38
Glad you're ok. I just had a deer experience myself, but my truck doesn't look anything like yours. Wow, what a mess.

Duramaxdiesel
10-19-2002, 11:59
I know, the truck looks really bad on the outside. Inside the truck looks fine. (sorry no pics) Passenger side window was the only one that blew out. Front one was still intact but cracked all over.
As for speed, I was doing about 90Kph. I wasn't speeding or anything but I sure am glad I was in this truck. Cop said he didn't think I would've made it had I been in a car. I agree.
I got a 2002 a little while after the accident. I didn't get all the bells and whistles on this one though. My black one was custom built for me over at SVC.

Nick