PDA

View Full Version : RUT ROW!!! DMAX DOWN .......

mackin
10-19-2002, 11:19
Yup sure is......

After a night of lets say I shouldn't have been driving and leave it at that .....Laid about 200 feet PLUS of 4 strips of rubber out front of my house (PICS to follow ).... :eek: ..... Not that dark new asphalt.... :( So slightly hung over I decide its time to put that four headlight thingamabob in and see if it works......

Connection were all "under" engine bay electrical fuse box.....Both batteries were disconnected....Before any connections were made ....

Green block=> purple wire 3rd row 5th column purple wire....
Yellow wire to 4th row 5th column yellow wire.....
Orange wire to 6th row 5th column orange wire....

Red block=>black wire to 6th row 6th column black wire .....

DIDN'T WORK....... :mad:

So I say HEY maybe truck has to be running !!!!!!!

OH OOOHH won't start..... :confused:

Take everything apart check connections everything looks ok....
Still no start but I notice I have no WAIT TO START LIGHT in dash cluster.....HHMMMM !!!!!

Now I take everything apart .....Take the non working controller off.....Check all connections again.....

Same thing......
:confused:

Now I's getting worried.......

Off comes the JUICE !!!!!!!!!

Still no start???????

:( :( :(

Any thoughts????????
Coincidence?????
Should have nothing to do with the wires I tapped into????
Headlights never stopped working correctly......And work fine now too.....

If a Ford wrecker comes Monday should I decline?????

DIS SUCKS !!!!!!

MAC

[ 10-19-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-19-2002, 11:43
Mac,

what the heck are you doing??? Let me know,

GOOD LUCK.

GMC :D

IndigoDually
10-19-2002, 11:46
Didn't have a problem like that when I installed my Kennedy Harness. :D :D :D

I would undo everything that was done and try then. Did You check all of the fuses? Under the hood and in the dash?

John

[ 10-19-2002: Message edited by: IndigoDually ]</p>

mackin
10-19-2002, 12:42
All right 30mins later or so a :confused: HUNG OVER rest period and it's running .....WHHEEWWWWW !!!!!!! I should have know better to do that with a dazed deer in the headlights fogged noggin I'm sporting on my shoulders today.....

That's it BILL we's done...... :eek: No way buddy what's ya doing Friday!!!!! LOL

WOO DOGGY that were a good one last night.....How's about them BUD girls !!!!!!!! Tony you got to meet up with us next time......

All right yup JOHN it was a 20amp ECM fuse.....Simple enough....I didn't bother to try the headlight thingamabob again I'll wait till next Saturday after perhaps a HOOTER girl visit on Friday !!!!!LOL

Wait to you guys see the strip I blasted last night....Hope it shows up in a pic the asphalt out front here is pretty black.....In person OH YA IT'S A GOOD ONE......It's raining right now.....So later on the PIC .....

False alarm I'm back, call of the lift I'm JUICEN again !!!!! No my truck not me !!!!!! ( ;) TODAY ;) )
Thanks guys......

MAC :D

JEBar
10-19-2002, 12:52
Wheeeew .... Mack old man .... after reading all above post, I'm glad to hear nothing terminal to ole Black Magic .... just curious, is your wife on valium?...keep her rolling ... Jim :cool:

mackin
10-19-2002, 13:05
Jim

Wife is very tolerable I've slowed down considerably,believe me,I'm Irish Scottish due the pouring... ;) ...As oppose to the math..... smile.gif That's why I abstracted from having something in Cornwall .....Don't want to start what you can't finish....But like I said these days are few and far in between not like 10 years ago and prior.....

Now she lets me out to play occasionally ......So I take FULL advantage of it !!!!! LOL
She did get woken up last night on the couch when I turned my street into a strip club...OOPS !!!!! Her comment, I heard that.....I just smiled !!!!!

MAC :D :D

thechevyhdman
10-19-2002, 13:20
LOL Mackin I went back to town to meet up with some friends They saw me come in the door and were like "Where the he11 were you...And who the he11 dropped you off" I was hurting this morning but a little hair of the dog never hurt anyone.(SIP)I dont know why im so thirsty today when I drank so much last night. And Tony I didnt get out of work till 6;30 I would of called and invited you but didnt have time to go on the puter to find your number...But next time MACKIN can do the one eyed drive from Newtown to his town. At least its closer for you to drive home. And I can always jump in a garbage truck and "pretend" I am working even though I mistakenly pulled into a bar. And limp my way home. Ill be the decoy. Thanks again Mackin too bad the Bud girls didnt bite on your offer :confused: :( redface.gif smile.gif :cool: ;) tongue.gif

Mic
10-19-2002, 17:40
^____again I'll wait till next Saturday after perhaps a HOOTER girl visit on Friday !!!!!LOL

Friday to Saturday with the Hooter girls :eek:
just let me know and I'll be there to help with the strip club at your street. :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-19-2002, 19:21
Bill & MAC,

If I show up I'm calling safe rides :eek: :eek:

Quervo 1800 GOLD - straight up - NO Salt tongue.gif tongue.gif

2 or 3 of those and I'll be getting warmed up.

I am thinking a Triple Juice with a side of GMC would be good for the neighborhood :D

Later,

GMC ;)

MAC, glad to see the Dooley is out and about again!!

[ 10-19-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

Inspector
10-19-2002, 20:09
Mackin:

Love the stripes but correct me if I'm wrong, you do drive a dooley? Shouldn't there be more black along side those single black exclamation points?
Just askin.
Denny

mackin
10-19-2002, 20:17
Those belong to ChevyHdman aka (Bill) in his HD2500...Those were done back parking lot at the watering hole we attended....

Mine out in front of house I didn't take PIC yet....It was raining off and on and cloudy so I will take tomorrow.....Hope they come out sence the asphalt is super black they just tar'd it couple two three months ago.....I could always do it again.....

MAC :D :D

JAXXXA
10-19-2002, 20:35
GMC Dmax, where did you get the clamp style thermocouple from? Do you have any probs with it?

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-19-2002, 21:13
JAXXXA,

Factory setup from Autometer INC. I wanted the option of a drilling in manifold or thermocoupler in the exhaust down pipe and the kit I bought had both ( a weld in plug for the exhaust ) and the probe had threads as well for a tapped hole in the manifold.

NO PROBLEM TO DATE,

Super Juice approved, highest EGT's seen post turbo in the downpipe has been 1000 degrees, heavy into JUICE pulling a hill with 3k lbs of tile in the back. If I didn't look in the rear view mirror I would not have known it was there!

You will see a slower change in EGT's with my setup as well as lower than actual out of the head exhaust temps, but not much differn't when MAC and I compared normal driving temps with his.

Any thing else??? JUST ASK ME&gt;

Thanks,

GMC :D

Toddster
10-20-2002, 08:09
Mac, how come I never get invited to these events ? I want to play too ! I also have a "strip club" on my street ! :mad:

mackin
10-20-2002, 12:38
Well as anticipated the "STRIPS" are light and hard to see.....Day later and rained on....DARN !!!!! one thing is for certain they are a true burner and not just a melt plant from excessive spooling cause all I did was get them spinning and immediately let of the brake so its pure HOLE SHOT....Reason it was late and I didn't want to see front door lights come on (neighbors) and get busted.....It wasn't tracking straight either right into third....So trust me it goes up past that white mail box right to=&gt;inlaws home :eek: That you can't see
.....Bottom line next time shall be better !!!!!!!! In more Dmax PICS.....

MAC

Toddster we are an EODA!!!!!! So next time we'll let you know.....
Equal-opertunity-drinking-association...... tongue.gif
In addition We are DMAX.....
Drinking -Mainly -Alcohol -X-periment=&gt; gone wrong....... tongue.gif

[ 10-20-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Toddster
10-20-2002, 12:56
;)

Inspector
10-20-2002, 15:51
Cool

JEBar
10-21-2002, 03:55
spin on Mack :eek: Jim

zip
10-21-2002, 13:50
Be careful-You guys are makin this look like the other web site.
zip
:(