Mic
01-27-2003, 16:03
Shhhhh...it's a secret. :rolleyes:

TraceF
01-27-2003, 16:30
Release date is January 1st. tongue.gif

GMCTRUCK
01-27-2003, 17:23
You guys got it all wrong its the first week of January. ;)

Flyboy
01-27-2003, 17:29
What year??

GM Smitty
01-27-2003, 17:37
This is all too wierd...all the hype and now...NOTHING...not a peep. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FirstDiesel
01-27-2003, 17:50
I said it before and I'll say it again.

VAPORWARE

mackin
01-27-2003, 18:08
What's the rush ????

MAC :D :D :D

imported_
01-27-2003, 18:34
no rush.... not really.... i still haven't even got my exhaust yet.... but i am waiting on a verdict on this new animal before going through the exhasting process

Kennedy
01-27-2003, 18:55
Mad Max,

When are you coming to WI?

pepperidge
01-27-2003, 20:16
Hey Mackin!

Who's got the best price on the DiabloSportdoesnotexisthopefullynotacaliforniatree hugginliberalnodieselsmokingoodfortheozonePredator ?

LOL :D :D

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: pepperidge ]</p>

imported_
01-28-2003, 00:37
hey john.... y'all are a little colder there for right now..... as far as wisconsin goes i have a few loose endt to take care of here first then i will be off to the races in the bay! but the ins paperwork is killin me...they may have to bring me in under a management classification. all i know right now is that to work and get paid there legally i need something with uncle sam's approval to work there and be legal!!!! i do want to go there though... maybe when i get there i'll buy you a beer!

mackin
01-28-2003, 04:55
pepperidge

:D :D :eek: :D :D

MAC

sdaver
01-28-2003, 08:52
hey no vendor(nothing but hype vended to date) bashing hahahahahahahah.........I guess im the only one here paid and still waiting...you know Ive always got to be a little different.............february is appraoching...... :D dave

RWTD
01-28-2003, 10:42
Yes, we're a month after the original planned released of the unit, and by no means was it purposely intended. DiabloSport was optimistic with the release date, and will take measures to avoid a situation like this in the future. The Predator for the Duramax is not a phantom project, nor "vaporware". It will be released when ready and it will be so very much worth the wait. The '01, '02, and '03 will be included in the release with all the previous mentioned performance improvements.

Those who have pre-ordered and have stuck this wait out, I greatly appreciate it. I know there is a lot of anxiety and frustration to deal with here. I'm deeply sorry for any confusion or troubles this may have caused. I'm not here to create enemies, or problems amongst the members. You are all a fine bunch, and I enjoy chatting and reading up here, as well as being a sponsor. Believe you me, I am also a customer on many things just like yourself, so I know what this wait is like, and I know that statements that aren't lived up to, although not purposely, does not wear off well on many.

Very Sincerely...

imported_
01-28-2003, 11:07
RWTD....don't worry.... we DMAX owners are a forgiving bunch.... lots of products we currently use have missed dates and we have all grumbled at them about it... why should we treat you any differently? lol ..we are trying hard to be equal opportunity consumers here. however this anxiety we have with the product is that a lot of us would like the ability to scan for codes and perform a lot of tasks that the predator will do.
As such your product has struck a nerve judging by its enthusiastic anticipation by these board members we hope you can satisfy this 'need for speed' in a timely fashion. All the best! J
PS i read the lightning forum regularly and i do know you are trying your best!

Professor
01-28-2003, 13:04
I just thought I

RWHP
01-28-2003, 13:10
Just curious, at the SEMA show the manufacturer assured me that the Predator will bump line pressure as needed for more power.

Recently on this board it was posted that it did not do so, so what is the case?

RWTD
01-28-2003, 14:14
RWHP, were you talking to DiabloSport or PDQ? PDQ was with them at the SEMA show, but they are two different companies. PDQ is also a distributor of DiabloSport products.

Not that it matters, as it doesn't, but there is a possibility that some misinformation may have been given, by mistake.

The Predator for the Duramax will not directly alter the Allison's pcm in anyway, at this time, but the Allison does tend to adjust itself to higher power levels.

Sincerely...

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

RWTD
02-12-2003, 17:49
I will be announcing the actual release date, and ship dates, of the Predator on Monday.

I will have a list of ALL monitored diagnostics by that time, if not sooner, as well. It will be monitoring much more sensors than the gas vehicles (which currently the gas Predator monitors 18).

Also, it will take approx. 15 seconds (fifteen seconds) between tune changes. It is MUCH quicker than the gas vehicles.

Sincerely...

SoCalDMAX
02-12-2003, 23:21
Professor, I just read your post. I'm confused.

What Predator did you receive? Is this something for a gasser, using the same name?

Can you elaborate on what it does, and compare that to what it was advertised to do?

Thanks, Steve

schnier
02-13-2003, 07:00
Will the release dates be in February or farther down the road? Just curious.

RWTD
02-13-2003, 07:17
SoCalDMAX, the Professor purchased a Predator for his gas vehicle from me, not Duramax, bud.

Schnier, I can't give any release information until Monday at the latest, friend.

Sincerely...

schnier
02-13-2003, 07:28
That's cool, I was wanting something around spring to see how it helps towing my camper. I like to pull hard in the hills around Ky, Tenn, area. The thing downshifts a little to much since I put the 265 tires on last year. Not complaining, it pulls great, just would like some more torque in the beast. If this thing works as advertised it should be a hit.

Professor
02-13-2003, 08:09
SoCalDMax,

Sorry for the confusion, I should have clarified that point in my message. As James stated, it is for a gas model. To be honest, I have not explored all of the features yet. I installed the basic tune and was very happy with the way it ran and the way it controlled the shifts. The only mod I have completed was to change the calibration of the speedometer. I think any changes from the basic tune would not be significant enough to be able to accurately feel a difference by

sdaver
02-13-2003, 19:59
???????????????????????????????all I have is gas no predator

RWTD
02-17-2003, 11:34
Here is a complete list of all the monitored real time data included in the Predator for the Duramax:

Engine Data 1

a. Engine Speed - x rpm
b. Desired Idle Speed

JustWondering
02-17-2003, 12:07
RWTD.com,

Quote - "I will be announcing the actual release date, and ship dates, of the Predator on Monday."

hhmmm....sounds like more of the same pitch. Unless, of course you were talking about another Monday?

RWTD
02-17-2003, 13:08
I stated above, "More updates to come later today.", and they will ;)

[ 02-17-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

TooMuchMuscle
02-17-2003, 16:10
Every forum topic with RWTD I just feel like being a smart a$$. Some people talk the truth and others... well we wont go there. After all the hype I have seen nothing and only heard a bunch of BS. Im staying away from the product just because of terrible PR. Customer service says a lot.
RWTD please answer the following questions:

Please circle the release month for the Predator..
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec

Please circle the release year for the Predator..
2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

And no you cant circle January of February.

RWTD
02-17-2003, 17:38
TooMuchMuscle, my apologies to you. I really would hope that your views of me would change, sir. I do not have any enemies, and never want any, so please let me take this opportunity to instill sincerity into the situation.

I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

James

RWTD
02-17-2003, 17:52
LATEST UPDATE!

Release date: The Duramax Predator will be released this week. The units will be ready to ship from me starting next week. Those who pre-ordered, and stuck this out, I will overnight your units the moment they come in!

My website, www.runninwiththedevil.com will be updated later this evening to show the 2003 order page as well.

Here is the link to the Duramax Manual (the link is also in my sig, for those who wish to "right click, save as"):

http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/files/gmduramaxpredatormanual.pdf

Also, again, here is a complete list of all the monitored real time data included in the Predator for the Duramax:

Engine Data 1

a. Engine Speed - x rpm
b. Desired Idle Speed

schnier
02-18-2003, 06:18
If that were the case of not hearing the truth I would not have bought a Chevrolet, because it took 5 months from the time I ordered it, to the time I took delivery. And yes it did turn out to run great. I have seen others waiting up to 12 months for delivery. Good things come to those who wait!!!!

c5dura
02-18-2003, 08:17
James, I read the manual you posted for the Duramax version. I got to the section on modifying parameters, and the only thing they show is how to increase the speed limiter.

What are the other adjustable parameters?

I assume the 85 hp tune is rwhp rating and not fwhp (flywheel)?

Also, will there be a 120hp tune at some point to compete with similar offerings from competitors?

Got any dyno graphs to share yet?

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: c5dura ]</p>

RWTD
02-18-2003, 11:23
Hey c5dura, I hope all is well.

&gt; James, I read the manual you posted for the
&gt; Duramax version. I got to the section on
&gt; modifying parameters, and the only thing they
&gt; show is how to increase the speed limiter.

The initial release will only have the speed limiter raised and rev increase option.

&gt;What are the other adjustable parameters?

In the next revision, DiabloSport is hoping to include the axle and tire size adjustments. It's not a matter of it can't be done, but just a matter of finishing all the templates for the various calibrations and year models.

&gt; I assume the 85 hp tune is rwhp rating and not
&gt; fwhp (flywheel)?

Yes, all the power #'s that are given are rear wheel horsepower #'s. They were also acheived on a Superflow load cell chassis dyno, similar to a Mustang Dyne, in that they use the Eddy-Current system. Typically, the results that are generated can display up to about 10% lower than the same vehicle on a Dynojet. This doesn't mean the vehicle makes less power, it just means that each dyno measures differently.

&gt; Also, will there be a 120hp tune at some point
&gt; to compete with similar offerings from
&gt; competitors?

I'm certain that there will be higher power levels developed for those vehicles that can safely use the extra power. For starters, you'll need a high flow exhaust system, if not already, to keep the EGTs from soaring, and some upgrades to possibly your valve body and torque converter before the Allison will be able to properly handle the additional power and stress.

In testing DiabloSport generated 130 rwhp on a Duramax with ease, but this was done for R&D and testing purposes. So, yes, files with higher power levels can be made.

&gt; Got any dyno graphs to share yet?

Unfortunately I do not, but I do plan on having a test day with real world driving and dyno testing with a specific member on this forum very soon, so long as we're still able to get up with one another to do it in a timely manner.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely...

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

hoot
02-18-2003, 11:49
With so much incomplete, and all the templates for the various calibrations and year models still not yet completed...

Why was it offered for sale last year? Not only is it way past due, your posts are losing credibilty to the point where until somebody actually buys one and has something to say about it, this stuff is meaningless.

I suggest you get off the sales mumbo jumbo, stop posting and simply wait till the product is ready. You will be much better off because the more info you relase about what it won't have, the less appealing it will be.

I also suggest you take the BS out of your signature about purchasing it cause it simply is not available.

Sorry but this whole Predator thing is like a dream turned nightmare to anyone that got all worked up when the BS first started flying.

Like I said....

When it's ready, then give us the scoop. Actually, somebody should be reviewing one for us even now. Why don't you send one to one of our subscribing vendors and let them tell it like it is before we even consider it.

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

imported_
02-18-2003, 18:19
Some of us even had the first edge juice prototype modules (60 hp fuelling only no timing)for a while until their product was released to the general public.
It is a little strange that no member here is playing guinea pig for a product that has this much potential. It does sound like the released product will be feature limited in its current state. maybe a neutered version for now and a final revision available at a later date.
I wouldn't mind testing a unit to let all the other members of this BB know about this system, but i suppose until they complete their testing or whatever we can sit here like mushrooms.
Truly weird marketing strategy.

RWTD
02-18-2003, 18:46
Release Update and Shipping Info:

I will have the Duramax DiabloSport Predator in stock this Thursday (2-20-03) for '01-'03 Duramax Diesels, and can ship out units starting that day.

You may purchase the unit on my site, if you wish, which is http://www.RunninWithTheDevil.com (and also in my signature). I will add in the ability for those with '03 Duramax's to purchase tonight as well (for some reason my update to the site didn't take the other day), but if it is still not up when you are ready to purchase, just use the 2002 order form, and notate it on your order that you have a 2003.

Those who have already pre-ordered will have your unit overnighted to you, and you should have it on Friday, bar any unusual UPS circumstance, so be on the lookout for it. We should start seeing some feedback possibly Friday evening, and hopefully this weekend here on the boards.

Thank you so much for all the patience and respect on the delay. I appreciate the opportunity you have given me, or may give me, to serve you.

Very Sincerely...

orange2
02-18-2003, 19:22
Jeez guys, go easy on him, being a little excited about a product ain't all bad, with that said I just got my truck and haven't been waiting as long as alot of you. I am supposed to have my predator friday, hope it comes, talked to James earlier today and he said it would be next week so his e-mail came as a pleasant surprize. Hope it works and all the things promised will be delivered in the near future as far a tire changes and gear changes.

hoot
02-18-2003, 19:35
It looks to me like the first buyers are the guinea pigs. That's probably why it's got few of the originally advertised features. They want to take it slow. Sell some, see how they work, fix the bugs (at our expense), add features, fix the bugs (at our expense).

eg...... 4.61 Juice started at what? 1.0?

I guess that's the only way they can truly give it a real world test is to get them out to the customers and see what happens. I think they should give e few away, don't you? ;)

orange2
02-18-2003, 19:47
Hoot, I hope I am not a guinea pig and the thing works, but who knows, I've spent 600 bucks on stupider things. The tire and gear changes are not that big of deal to me as I will probably never do either. What i like about this unit is it is undetectable and Is a more complete way to get more power, to me its a more factory way. The may be great but It is less sophisticated than this unit, but I am not a computer genius so I could be completely wrong. It would be nice to be able to change tunes on the go but I have a 6 gear truck and right now the type of unit I want is not completely available. I want nothing to do with a pressure system and those are the adjustable ones so far for a manual truck. tst just released a powermax box but you have to drill and tap for a thermal coupler, but it does let you set the temp max and the unit will back off fueling. It costs 850

orange2
02-18-2003, 19:49
Hoot, I hope I am not a guinea pig and the thing works, but who knows, I've spent 600 bucks on stupider things. The tire and gear changes are not that big of deal to me as I will probably never do either. What i like about this unit is it is undetectable and Is a more complete way to get more power, to me its a more factory way. The may be great but It is less sophisticated than this unit, but I am not a computer genius so I could be completely wrong. It would be nice to be able to change tunes on the go but I have a 6 gear truck and right now the type of unit I want is not completely available. I want nothing to do with a pressure system and those are the adjustable ones so far for a manual truck. tst just released a powermax box but you have to drill and tap for a thermal coupler, but it does let you set the temp max and the unit will back off fueling. It costs 850

RWTD
02-18-2003, 19:57
To give credit to the 11 degreed engineers/tuners at DiabloSport, the tool is at v1.03 in the gas GM's, and v1.04 to fix any and all outstanding issues will be available within 1 month as well. There has been only 1 BIOS upgrade since it was released 6 months ago (it was never sold to the public before v1.02), so there's hardly any issues. That upgrade was to add in the '03 Vettes, and fix a max limit setting issue on the '02 vehicles. The coming v1.04 upgrade mainly has to do with gear scaling on the Vettes, and some minor tweaks to programs for other vehicles, as well as improved diagnostics (more sensors monitored).

I think we'll see that there will be VERY minimal revisions.

Sincerely...

kerry witherspoon
02-18-2003, 20:36
James im very careful about what i buy waited to buy the preditor ,and am glad i did.

Kerry

orange2
02-18-2003, 20:58
I really believe the thing will work like it is supposed to and also feel if there are any issues or upgrades they will be taken care of, probably right over the internet. I can't wait to give it a try on the 85 hp level, hope my clutch holds. Can't wait to pass my friends powerstroke! WEEEE

mackin
02-18-2003, 21:03
Right on HOOT !!!!!! ;)

If they don't fly off the shelf when they get there, the PAY PAL account is all ready setup for Ebay .......

How come no straight forward credit card purchase,Pay Pal ?? What a pain in the arse..... :rolleyes:

RWTD
Hate to rag on ya but ya kinda bring it on yourself..Look at you trying to get someone on a dyno, if it can be done in a TIMELY manner ....GHEESH !!!!!! If that isn't a double standard.....

Good luck with your market shares of Dmax performance mods......

MAC :D :D :D

hoot
02-18-2003, 21:08
By no means am I suggesting that it won't work. I'm sure it will.

How would I know?

I'm only commenting on this cause it's really been silly how the hype came, the date passed, the product now does far less than hyped.

OK..... I guess we'll be hearing from some real world "testers" soon.

Is it true that you cannot go back to stock? What happens if the pig dies?

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

RWTD
02-18-2003, 21:43
If you prefer not to use PayPal, that is fine, we have other alternatives. PayPal still allows creditcards just like any other processing company, plus it allows you to track all your purchases. It's a very friendly and safe process in actuality.

As for eBay, DiabloSport products are forbid on there by legitimate dealers. There comes times when something DiabloSport actually makes its way on there, and if caught in time, it is removed via request by DiabloSport. It states it right in the dealer agreement that it is forbidded, as well as Group Purchases. DiabloSport allowed a GP one time here recently to test the market's reaction. They admit it wasn't a wise program to continue offering.

Concerning the "timely manner", mackin, there is no need to construe my phrases. I should have stated "convenient manner", as it is up to the customer to find his time to do this, as I am available. David will come down when he is able, and we will set aside plenty of time to test the product together. This does not mean that I will not be testing before and after meeting with him, though. I plan on continuing the testing to help further research and gains on this product.

Sincerely...

RWTD
02-18-2003, 21:45
hoot, of course you can return it to stock. That's bad info, friend. In the manual, which you can download from my signature, it states exactly how to return your vehicle to the stock configuration. You can do this at any time, as much as you want.

Sincerely...

NWDmax
02-18-2003, 22:15
Well this whole deal has kind of put me off.
I really like Van Halen too!
Time will tell guys and gals,time will tell. :rolleyes:

orange2
02-18-2003, 23:32
What is the big deal with some of you guy's? So some of the stuff isn't in the thing yet but will be in the future,not everything always goes as planned. Juice had trouble too, and alll you do is brag about how they stood behind it, maybe they should have finished it instead of releasing it. They let alot of you find the problems for them, maybe this product won't have those problems, or maybe it will. Let it go for christ sakes.

imported_
02-19-2003, 01:08
orane2... no big deal... edge worked with us thru all of their releases and revisions to get that product where it is... everything from beta module testers on up..... the anticipation on this one is hard for some of us adolescents to take... no more and no less . runninwiththedevil is trying his level best. that is a fact.. no one here is blaming him for a release date that has obviously been moved up by the developers.... we can't wait to see it is all. and for that matter this is a BB forum ...take what you read with a grain of salt... these places are for questions and answers and flames at times. nothing personal at all against RWTD at all.... if there was i am sure the moderators here would either delete the post or ban the member for a while....especially considering RWTD helps sponsor this site.

mdrag
02-19-2003, 02:05
Topic seems to be going in the same direction as this previous one...with the same results:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004213&p=3

Read More Power's comments on this page (should be page 3).

Lights out...