PDA

View Full Version : two guys garage: just featured dmax xmoniter, exhaust brake & juice..

NickLeinonen
07-11-2002, 18:01
just surfing the channels and came across this on speed channel. pretty cool. they made 302hp with the juice set at 60hp and 652 torque. missed most of the program [gotta check when the rerun is on]

anyone catch all of it?

Flyboy
07-11-2002, 18:04
I just saw the last half of the show. There garage is a little better equipped than mine!!

mackin
07-11-2002, 20:36
Flyboy ,

Off topic ,Have you heard of a company GUIDE CORP in LA?

MAC

NutNbutGMC
07-11-2002, 20:43
Mackin.. Which LA??? ==> Los Angeles, Louisiana, or Lower ALabama???

I suspect La. :D

mackin
07-11-2002, 20:56
Louisiana....... If he has I'll tell you all why you should protect your light assembles cause the prices may spike.......It's not my fault either.......

MAC :D

SoCalDMAX
07-11-2002, 22:23
Let me guess, they agreed to pay $14.1 million in penalties for dumping toxic waste.

I still think you're involved somehow... ;)

Steve

BlackMax
07-12-2002, 09:58
They have a web page that gives the details of their modifications at: WWW.twoguysgarage.com

Husker Fan
07-12-2002, 10:19
It looks like they are going to rebroadcast the show on Sunday, July 14th at 7:30 AM Eastern Time on the Speed Channel.

SoCalDMAX
07-12-2002, 10:31
A few min ago I was surfin a BMW forum, and they're talking about the show, wondering why they can't enormous gains from gassers in 5 minutes.

I wish it was that easy...

Regards, Steve

DMAX Daddy
07-12-2002, 12:00
Im really curious if you could take the X Monitor out of its welding helmet and install it in a more attractive case or even a flat spot in the dash. It looks to be just a LED circuitboard of some sort mounted by the 4 screews at each corner. I also wonder if the side buttons are attached by ribbon cable or soldered directly onto the same board as the lights.

If nothing else, form a new housing for it. Im not that thrilled with the look for the amount of money it costs, but I do think it has a lot of potential.

MaxRock
07-12-2002, 12:35
SoCalDMAX, a gentleman I work with referred me to a link to the BMW website where they are discussing the juice. I saw your post and was wondering if that was you! Good post. I believe those BMer guys are a little jealous :rolleyes: ! 5 minutes of effort and 90 hp later...it's hard to beat!

MaxRock

Flyboy
07-12-2002, 14:25
Mackin: I have heard of Guide Corp. but I don't know where there located. I think in the north part of the state. They make lights, I think. Did you hear something I didn't?

mackin
07-12-2002, 19:36
SoCalDMAX ,

No besides that .........

Flyboy,

Yup sure do....... I'll make it short seems they are having a problem with metal suppliers (Allegheny) with delivery..... So I produced an order this week of some 201 Stainless ,(it is a 2 part product that is something to do with the bulb socket, 1 part, and the adjusters another part) well they were in such a hurry (Didn't want line to shut down) they LEER jetted a 1,100 pound shipment at the cost of $11,000.00 dollars ....... :eek: Left at noon to airport, they had it by 7pm..... Balance via truck about 5k that was all that was on the tractor trailer, straight through from CT to La ......... :eek: How and hell are them cost going to be recovered? I know, by everyone who needs a head light assembly so protect them people.......They have some surplus material I'm gonna reprocess to fill an order I cut them some slack on cost...... Now you know why these Trucks cost so dam much money, purchase agents not doing there job......

MAC

SoCalDMAX
07-12-2002, 23:13
I wonder what cost Guide Corp. more, the $14.1 million penalty or Mac gougin' them on a little stainless? LOL :D

Steve