PDA

View Full Version : LUK PRO GOLD CLUTCHES

moedog
09-24-2003, 19:22
ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE LUK PRO GOLD CLUTCH LINE??
THANKYOU
DAN

GMCfourX4
10-08-2003, 06:26
I'm not sure about "Pro Gold" but I had the clutch replaced on my truck shortly after I got it b/c the input shaft seal on my tranny was leaking (They put in a LUK). Not too long afterwards, it started leaking again, but it took me a while to get back in there to replace it. Turns out the problem was the pilot bearing, which had worn out, and was allowing the input shaft to wiggle. I replaced the clutch again b/c it had glazed over from clutch chatter (due to the worn pilot bearing) but with around 60K mi on it, it showed no wear, and the springs were fine. I replaced it with another LUK clutch. I do a lot of around-town driving (in and around Boston, so its a LOT of stop and go) and I ALWAYS downshift (but I do rev-match)... That's probably how I got 100K+ mi out of my first set of brakes. The clutch looked almost no different from the brand new one, with the exception of the glazing.

-Chris

moedog
10-08-2003, 09:48
THANKS. THE PROGOLD IS THEIR HD LINE. 322.OO PLUS SHIPPING TO MY DOOR FROM CAROLINA CLUTCH .COM.
ILL GIVE UM A TRY!!!

StephenA
11-12-2003, 12:47
Hey moedog, was that LuK clutch the standard or Pro Gold series? Carolina Clutch says LuK doesn't make the HD Pro Gold for 6.5 diesels, only the standard. What was the part number, if you still have it & how do you like the clutch? Did you opt for the single or dual mass flywheel?
Thanks in advance,
StephenA

vernon morgan
11-12-2003, 19:27
Luks does not make a Pro Gold for the 6.5TD. But there standard clutch is very good. I just recently purchased mine from dial a clutch dialaclutch.com,they are somewhere in Florida. Under $200 including shipping.

StephenA
11-12-2003, 19:50
Thanks Vernon,
Did you stay with the dual mass flywheel?

Hubert
05-16-2005, 13:08
Moedog

What is the link for "CAROLINA CLUTCH .COM." ? That did not work.

Hubert
05-16-2005, 13:14
http://www.carolinaclutch.com/

Oops the above will work.

ogrice
05-17-2005, 11:43
Talk to Bill Heath.

He has the single mass flywheel upgrade and a kevlar disc stage II clutch kit. I got it in my truck, very reasonable price too.