PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen the Hypertech Programmer?

Piney
01-27-2003, 17:40
I just received a new Summit catalog and it lists a new Hypertech programmer for the Duramax. I have been waiting for this unit to come out, but Hypertech hasn't listed it on their website, and they STILL don't! What's up with that? Has anybody seen or tried this unit out??

DMAX_Phil
01-27-2003, 22:06
Good to hear, I have also been waiting for them to finish their development/programming. Hope the price is in-line with their other offerings.

Phil

Rebel_Horseman
01-28-2003, 08:14
My room mate talked to Hypertech a few months ago and they told him that it was in the works. The price should be identical to the other programmers they offer for the gas burners. I believe they said it would give 40hp plus allow all the other adjustments for tire size, shift points, etc. I haen't heard what the actual release date is.

Reb [><]

sdaver
01-28-2003, 08:19
dont hold your breath. Im still choking on the predator :( dave

Buck
01-28-2003, 11:43
Ya, I came across it on

www.truckperformance.com

50hp/100ftlb

Also states a lot of stuff that I thought wasn't going to be included :confused:

I had a Hypertech PP3 for my '99 5.3L and wasn't impressed :( You'd think a regular cab short box with a locker and 4.10 gears would be able to spin tires from a dead stop (no brake) :rolleyes:

redmax
01-28-2003, 12:00
I just called Hypertech and was told it would be another month.

redmax

RWTD
01-28-2003, 14:23
>>>I believe they said it would give 40hp plus allow all the other adjustments for tire size, shift points, etc. I haen't heard what the actual release date is.<<<

It will have 1, possibly 2 tunes, and will *not* adjust shift points, although it most likely will adjust the tire size changes. IMHO, wait, as there are much better choices out there, or will be (hint).

mackin
01-28-2003, 18:05
^ :rolleyes:

NutNbutGMC
01-28-2003, 20:49
^..>What Mack Daddy said...

RWTD
01-29-2003, 10:07
Hey mackin, how are ya bud? :D

mackin
01-29-2003, 16:55
Not bad thanks for asking,and you????

=>http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=005072

MAC :D :D :D

Plasticfantastic
01-29-2003, 19:36
My .02 worth...
I live about two miles from Hypertech, been over there several times. Nice, Nice facility, Top notch outfit, super nice people, very customer oriented, quality crew (brand new dyno), good product- well developed.
That's what I like about them .... BUT...
they been promising this "another month" B S for over a year now, if you are waiting for this product, don't. :rolleyes:

DMAX_Phil
01-30-2003, 01:29
I also had the Hypertech for my '98 350, I liked the convenience and features but only noticed a slight increase in the seat of the pants feel. The reason I'm considering it now for the Duramax is due to their Ford product. My buddy has one and it really brought his PS to life. I'm sure the other programmers do the same or more but I really want to adjust my speedo for my larger tires. At about $350 I don't see anything else on the market that could compete (?).

I'll give them a little more time while I save my pennies and figure out how I'm going to smuggle a programmer home under the wife's increasingly distrustful watch. Too many goodies for the Harley, boat, truck, etc.

Phil

Buck
01-30-2003, 02:42
You get what you pay for :confused: My $.02 Why not spend a couple hundred more and get a real DIESEL proven power box........Juice/EZ Amp, Bullydog come to mind. Banks and Diablo Predator if they ever release them :rolleyes: I would like to see Superchips make something for the Duramax ;)

Piney
01-30-2003, 05:07
Well at $349 I haven't seen anyone who can compete price wise with the Hypertech. Even though this will be a new application, I think Hypertech has a good reputation for quality. As far as Bullydog and the Juice....there is more than a couple hundred bucks difference. It's more like $450-$500 difference in the price of those units compared with the Hypertech. I'm just looking for a little bump in power, plus the added convenience of being able to reprogram for larger tires, etc.

[ 01-30-2003: Message edited by: Piney ]</p>

DMAX_Phil
01-30-2003, 18:57
Piney, I'm with you, I am not looking for the max. power it takes to make my Ally start slipping, just a bit more power to help the long grade pulls. My criteria are:
1) OBDII port programmable (no permanent/semi-permanent installation);
2) adjust for tire size; and
3) less than $400 bucks.

If there something else on the market today that meets this criteria, I'd be interested.

Phil