PDA

View Full Version : Banks Monster installation pics!

DMAXDiva
07-11-2002, 20:57
Hi guys...

Finally got the Banks installed today, took some pics while she was up on the lift. I've also updated the truck pics as well as "toys" pics. And I've added some ranch pics to boot! I guess I just went nuts with the camera today... :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

tmg115
07-11-2002, 21:02
hey nice pics

how are you licking the banks?

i am loving mine. i was surprised to see how easy it was to install. i tip my hat to banks on that one. smile.gif

NutNbutGMC
07-11-2002, 21:04
^... Toy pictures?? Licking the Banks?? What's up with this???

mackin
07-11-2002, 21:06
Very ,Very nice....... The PICS and the EXHAUST look nice.......

Can't wait to get mine ....... Do you notice a different level of performance with the free flow exhaust and JUICE now?????
What are your EGT temp changes......now? Keep up them great PICS ...... Nice kitty.......

MAC

smile.gif

mackin
07-11-2002, 21:09
NutNbutGMC,

LMFAO ..... You proof reader you ......... Dam , that is funny......
Chuckle ,Chuckle ,chuckle,,,,,,,

MAC smile.gif :D smile.gif

DMAXDiva
07-11-2002, 21:10
Uh, I was too afraid to go there myself, NutNbutGMC... :eek:

tmg115
07-11-2002, 21:21
Hey mackin you can notice a pretty good diference with the juice and the Banks. they go together very nice.

NutNbutGMC
07-11-2002, 21:22
^...Brave the waters, Darlin'. It's all about trucks, torque, power, thrust, and juiced up fast rides.

But licking the Banks??? LMAO too... :D :D

rvforfun
07-11-2002, 21:23
DMAXDiva

Nice!! Also currious about EGT changes from stock exhaust to monster exhaust? Another ? is about your piller gage pod did you paint/stain to match interior and did the pod come from Isspro? looks like a nice ranch smile.gif
Thanks for the info

DMAXDiva
07-11-2002, 21:42
My initial impressions of the Banks vs. straight-pipe:

MUCH quieter at idle, much like stock (straight-pipe was obnoxious even at idle!). Nice "big block" rumble on moderate acceleration, VERY authoritative (but not quite obnoxious) flat-out. I can't really feel much difference in spool-up vs the straight, and the juice has such an effect on throttle response that I can't offer a fair judgement there (guess I need to unhook the box for comparison's sake). So far, I've only seen a modest drop in EGT's; had seen approximately 50 degree drops with the straight, have thus far seen an additional 50-75 degree drop with the Banks (though it's too soon to really tell).

All in all, a worthwhile investment.

SoCalDMAX
07-11-2002, 21:51
DMAXDiva,

Great pics, beautiful truck and ranch! Thanks for sharing the info on the exhaust.

I'm NOT gonna ask any personal questions... ;)

Whoo Lordy, between this thread and the "I'm gonna build a drag Dmax with parashoot" thread ,we're on a roll tonight!

Is it a full moon or what??

Sides hurting, Steve ;)

Silver Bullet
07-11-2002, 22:07
DMAXDiva,
Looking good! I might have to get a second job to keep up with da DIVA!!! smile.gif And you are sure you don't have a sister??? Could you double check with your folks just to be sure??? :D

KompressorMan
07-12-2002, 15:13
I know we all goof up from time to time but
>>>how are you licking the banks?<<<
I got up in the middle of the night cuz I'm so Pi$$eD over this dealer not writing a warranty on the fuel injector. Anyway, it's about 4:30A.M. and I see that, then all the responses. Completely lost it. My wife probably thinks I was having a flashback but Dam that was funny
Herb

:D :D :D

JEBar
07-12-2002, 16:10
DMAXDiva,
The way things have been going on this thread I almost hesitate to ask this question .... do the pipes or muffler hang down below the frame? ... Mackin stop lauging :eek: My truck is used at times for off road trips (mostly related to deer hunting) and clearance is a concern. I an interested in going to a 4" or even 5" system but haven't had an opportunity to see one already installed. :cool:

[ 07-12-2002: Message edited by: JEBar ]

[ 07-12-2002: Message edited by: JEBar ]</p>

DMAXDiva
07-12-2002, 17:29
rvforfun:

The pillar mount is grey plastic from the factory (Autometer makes it), then is spray-painted to match factory interior color. My only complaint with the install is that there are slight cut marks at the top of the mount where the installer knifed it to fit (but hey, I'm a perfectionist when it comed to aesthetics ;) ). I'm on the lookout for some type of vinyl edge strip that can be color-matched to cover the cut marks.

DMAXDiva
07-12-2002, 19:34
JEBar:

There is one bend in the tailpipe that extends below the frame (you can see it in the picture "5 inch polished tip"; look back behind the tip toward the engine and you'll see it)), but I don't think it hangs down far enough to cause a problem. I guess anything's possible if you high-center on something though... ;)

JEBar
07-12-2002, 20:08
DmaxDiva....really appreciate the info....my compliments, you are putting together an exceptional truck :cool:

DMAXDiva
07-13-2002, 09:16
Thanks for the input, guys....I really do appreciate it! :D