PDA

View Full Version : CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT FRESH FUEL!

2K2AD
10-21-2002, 15:57
Had been running 18.7 to 19.5 60/40 highway (70ish) to city. Got fuel at a very busy truck stop the other day and - WOW - what a difference! The fuel I had been buying was (supposedly) 45 cetane and that is the same rating from the pump at the big station. Truck pulled harder, was quieter, smoother and ran better than it ever had. Got 20.6 on that tank, too. Back to the old stuff close to the house (BP), and same old truck. They sell a fair amount of fuel, as they are the only diesel available for a few miles. Usually have to wait to fill. The big station was a BP as well, but many tractors in their filling up for the interstate pick up a few miles down the road. Not only was the fuel better, it was substantially cheaper as well. BTW - I'm on my second fuel filter @ 23,200 miles.

Kevin

KenZ
10-21-2002, 19:22
Kevin,

Where was the station you got the "fresh" fuel at? I travel down to VA Beach often and wouldn't mind filling up there.

I have noticed the same thing twice when filling up at the Flying J in Wytheville. Truck seemed to run quieter and have more power. There are two Flying J's there. One has 40 cetane on the pumps, the other 45 cetane. Same price, but I have only filled up at the one that says 45 cetane.

I'm headed to Va Beach for lunch tomorrow. I usually fill up on 460 near Petersburg on my way home.

Ken

2K2AD
10-22-2002, 18:39
Ken,

I know it is too late for your lunch break fill up, but it wouldn't matter. The station I filled up at was on 58 down in your neck of the woods. I was visiting some friends in Carrsville (SP?) and needed some fuel. If it wasn't so far away, I'd get it there all the time. How far are you from VA Motorsports Park?

Kevin