PDA

View Full Version : 525hp

sambo
10-21-2002, 19:31
Quad at quadzilla performance in ft worth put a 225hp box on my truck to give it a try. It is incredible but to much for me. It was only a test run he isnt selling just yet. He does have lower hp for sale.

car of the week
10-21-2002, 20:05
SAMBO--

did that box defuel between shifts like the juice box does? did it idle any differently? did it smoke badly? sorry for all the questions but that would be valuable info for me...thanks

Ryan

sambo
10-21-2002, 20:17
It did not defuel between shifts at all. In the 225 setting it smoked quit a bit.

CPMac632
10-22-2002, 07:23
Is the box you tried the new Van Aaken box or something else.

Heavy Duty Neil
10-22-2002, 13:57
http://www.quadzillapower.com/

mackin
10-22-2002, 18:11
Hey does he put the JUICE box cover back on before he sends it to ya??????

MAC tongue.gif :D tongue.gif

CPMac632
10-22-2002, 18:34
Hey mackin where do I get a juice box cover to slip over my box so I can have a sleeper.

CPMac632
10-22-2002, 19:50
How long did you try the box and did you have gauges on your truck when you tried it.

mackin
10-23-2002, 04:20
CPMac632

If you want to really know about the REWRAPZILLA go here and look around......=>http://www.vanaaken.com/

Check out there DIESEL stuff..Their the R&D behind the enhancement.....All the stuff RESTICKERZILLA sells looks way to much of a replica to me to say they program anything.....I got nothing against them but hey call it what it is......

MAC :D

Fly $hit I care ......Some one may want KING KONGS "bitch" sticker on their truck........ tongue.gif

PEANUTGRWR
10-23-2002, 06:50
THIS SO-CALLED 525HP???? IF THE DMAX IS AROUND 300 FLYWHEEL OR 245 REARWHEEL HP STOCK HOW ARE THEY GETTING 525 HP OUT OF AN ADVERTISED 125HP BOX???? OR AM I LOOKING AT THE WRONG BOX. IF I AM LOOKING AT THE RIGHT BOX I THINK SOME OF US IN TX ADD DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHERS :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CPMac632
10-23-2002, 07:35
I think I have one of the boxes he is talking about and it is awesome. It is from Van Aaken and I didn't get it from Quad and I have had it for a month. Just make sure your budget will allow trans mods or it will be worthless.

CPMac632
10-23-2002, 07:39
The box I think they are talking about is not on quads web site. It is available in two versions. Normal people 0-70-110 and Crazy people 0-70-210. I have run the higher horse one a little and it is awesome but not for everyone.

PEANUTGRWR
10-23-2002, 07:57
WELL DONT BE SHY BE NEXT CPMAC ;) FILL US IN ON WHAT YOU KNOW AND HOW IT WORKS

CPMac632
10-23-2002, 08:48
I don't know a lot except for the transmission won't take it and as of right now it will not work with a six speed. I will let you know as I find out and I also need to make sure it is ready for public release like I thought it was.

txtuner
10-23-2002, 11:34
Ok I normally don't post here. because it seems that no matter what you say it is wrong or you are lying, but I feel the need to comment here. First, yes it is Van Aaken hardware, I have always used Van Aaken hardware, and as long as it keeps working and not having failures I will continue using Van Aken hardware. I have a pile of another comapnies boxes in my floor that are in non-working order. The guy who wrote this post and one of them and we swaped it out! This box that he drove is NOT FOR SALE. It will make better than 225hp, it does not cut ANY fuel between shifts, it WILL blow right through the converter and hit the rev-limiter, hard and repeatedly in every gear until 5th when it slps so hard that is pops into neutral! Ask they guy that started the post I showed him! I also do write ALL of our own software, if you want proof, slide by our shop. I am in Ft. Worth and I don't want to get in trouble here, so i won't post a telephone number, but you can find it. I am very easy to get along with, I love horsepower. If you are skeptical please come by and we will write and re-write software and try them on YOUR truck! I love doing stuff like that. I don't mean to sound rude, but I am tired of everytime someone mentions a new or different product they get slammed for no reason. This part is for Mackin-Bring your truck to Houston this weekend, and call whoever makes your box and get the badest thing they have and lets run them at the Clash of the Titans! I have no doubt that you have a good running truck, but don't think that it is the only one! For the rest of you guys, have a wonderful day and if you have any questions I will try and check back on the board to answer them for you if the moderators will let me!

Thanks,

Quad Boenker

P.S. For CpMac632- If youa re having these rev-limiter problems, I can fix them, we will have to cut hp a little, but then again its useless if it won't shift! I don't know where you got it, but you may have a prototype, we sent a few out, but they say prototype on the connector plugs??

PEANUTGRWR
10-23-2002, 12:26
HEY QUAD, I LIKE YOUR POST LOL BUT I DUNNO IF THE MODS WILL ;) ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE INFO WHAT ALL DOES THE BOX CHANGE UP AS FAR AS MAKING MORE POWER. FUEL PSI? PULSE WIDTH? TIMING?

SoCalDMAX
10-23-2002, 12:35
txtuner,

Thanks for the clarification. Please don't think that anyone is slamming other products here, we're all interested in what you and others are up to. Plenty of people here have bought/are using Van Aaken boxes, but not to the power levels you're describing.

So how much does it smoke at the 225hp setting?

How are EGTs at 225?

Is it relatively safe to tow at the 70hp level? What EGTs have you seen under what conditions towing at 70hp?

Is there some reason it will not work with the 6speed?

What do you feel is/are the weak link/s in the Allison?

Do you feel that the Allison can be made to take that kind of power periodically and still last a good long time if used at lower levels mostly?

Thanks! Steve

txtuner
10-23-2002, 13:05
PeanutGrwr- It doesn't alter fuel pressure, it does stretch all the proper pulses, and mabye a few others!

SoCal-It smoke pretty heavy from the get go, but once the turbo spools it clears up a lot. At full throttle in high gar it smokes like juice off of the bottom.

Egt's @225hp are terrible-drag racing only or really short bursts-cruising is no problem but when you are on it the skyrocket.

Well the big box doesn't have a 70hp mode. It does have a 110, but we don't recommend people towing with it, although some people do tow at that level with our other boxes. We do have another that has the 110 as the high and a low setting for towing. ( I don't wann talk to much about it I don't wanna get kicked, i am not on here trying to sell, although it wouldn't kill me!)It will work on a 6spd, we are awaiting new harnesses as we speak. Yes you will be able to adjust it on your 6spd.

Weak link in the Allison (this is a can of worms) Some say the TCM programming and the way it cuts line pressure, some think the converter, others think the 5th gear 3rd and 5th gear clutches? I can tell you with the 225 it is all of the above! At lower levels it seems to be realy tough say up to 150hp extra! This is based off of our experiences, although given the hp most truck will go into neutral somewhere over 90mph!

It will last if you take care of it! lowerhp levels won't harm it as long as you don't bet it to death! th ehigh mode will destroy the clutch packs if you just continue to hammer it and let it slip and run through the converter! I personally know of several Dmax's with a ton of miles on them 1 or 2 over 100,000 that have had a box of some sort on them from day 1 and never had a problem. For the most part other than a few glitches here and there the Dmax is a tough dude! I think with a little time it has the potential to be the horsepower king! I think everyone is learning so much so fast still that there will be a breakthrough somewhere. Not to start rumors but there is a fairly inexpensive fix for the tranny that is being tested right now and so far it works 100%, but only time will tell! If that is the case then who know s where it could all go!All of that is another story though!

If I need to be careful of a rules violation if someone will e-mai lme and let me know i don't wanna make anyone mad! I read the rules a long time ago, but don't remember them all!

Quad

Kennedy
10-23-2002, 13:22
Quad,

Don't let comments like those above get under your skin. I'm sure Mackin didn't mean anything personal by it, it's just that there truly ARE a lot of "relabels" out there making it tough to know what is what. I've made similar, less direct comments myself. Besides, isn't it fun when someone gives you grief, or goes down the road to save a few bucks, but then calls YOU for help when the chips are down <pun intended>? :rolleyes:

So onto the business at hand. I've run the 110 (claimed) VA box, and quite frankly find it to be quite "soft" in acceleration. Communications with the guys overseas seems to be quite spotty so it looks like I'll be making an international call soon. I am really quite curious, after the first Smart Box was released, and the 120Hp files were developed, VA had a fit about it didn't they? I guess I'm wondering how one can modify their boxes without them getting all wound up about it? I'm quite happy to see them getting back in the game, but truth be told, I don't like working in the dark which is where I seem to be lately. In the mean time, I've reserved my comments until they step up and open a line of communications...

PEANUTGRWR
10-23-2002, 14:01
QUAD, ARE THESE BOXES GOING TO BE AFFORDABLE OR ARE THEY GOING TO BE LIKE SOME OF THE BOXES THAT ARE SOLD BY VENDORS THAT TRY TO RAKE YOU OVER THE COALS AND KNOCK A HOME-RUN WITH EVERY SALE?? tongue.gif

txtuner
10-23-2002, 14:17
Kennedy- We will all, alwyas be in the dark somewhat! I can't really talk too much about my relationships with VA. I am sure in cicumstances they could get all wound up about a lot of things! I personally thought the 110 was a bit soft as well, that is why mine is different! Some still say I need to bring it on harder off the bottom, but I loose too much mid-range and high rpm pull. I would rather run good across theboard than just on the bottom where it feels good at every light! As far as all the software stuff, sometimes I wished that I had never touched any of it! Other times it is very rewarding, I guess you take the good with the bad! Seems I am either a hero, or the devil, and I can't pass the buck!

Peanutgrwr- Well there is several answers to that questions, If I gave the 225hp boxes awya free, but you had to buy the tranny upgrades forsay $3000-3500 to make it work properly would that be fair? the reason i haven't released or sold a bunch of these is the fact that the tuning is not complete! I want a box that will put out all the hp the tranny can handle without problems! When i get that i will release them, and I thik we are close! I think it will be in the $1200 range give or take? Maybe we can work something out with thedieselpage members when they are ready?

I just noticed that all this got brought up cause I guy got to try something pretty cool! Kind comical actually! You guys have been very nice and I will always answer questions, if I can!

Thanks,

Quad

GMCTRUCK
10-23-2002, 16:21
I talked to Quad today and the product sounds very promising for the 6 speed trucks. Like JK, Quad is a great guy to talk to and gets real excited about the products. It sounds like he will not release a product until it works the way its supposed to and he will stand behind it. He also has some other goodies in the works. I'm getting excited.

Kennedy
10-23-2002, 16:34
If we take a step back and look at things from a realistic standpoint, I believe it looks like this:

The current level of 120HPish boxes is all the Allison can take and more. MOST would be satisfied with a 60-70HP box and in reality, the D/A combo would be happier as well.

The MEGA bomb box mentioned in this thread, along with multiple box stacking is for the RACE ONLY crowd, and as Quad mentioned, get out the checkbook 'cause parts will fly! If you want to be the fastest at the strip or the dyno king etc, then go for it.

The key as I see it is to find the point in the middle where max power is produced without trading off reliability.

sixl
10-23-2002, 16:38
Peanut kinda wet to thrash huu. this is matt just wandering if you have tried the 125hp edge box I have had two diff. ones and they are awesome need to try one. give me a shout I let you try it :D

PEANUTGRWR
10-23-2002, 17:00
HEY MATT, WHATS UP????? YEA A LITTLE WET TO SAY THE LEAST AROUND HERE. MAN I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THE 125HP BOX.

mackin
10-23-2002, 17:58
Txtuner

Quad,

I'd take you upon your offer but I got to work till Friday and my Dmax won't fit in a carry on and It's a long drive from the EAST coast......Get a hold of PEANUTGRWR I volunteer his tranny as a sacrifice and as a hand shake of good faith.....Well, he's closer if anything......

Anyway we EAST coaster do come off a wee bit arrogant at times but I'm not meaning to.....Well so says my brother in law from CALIF........I don't believe him.......What's he know....???There I go again......

As JK (Hi JK !!!!) says their are a lot of restickering going on and one can easily be persuaded into thinking that especially with your PICS not showing a cover one might think your doing it on purpose.....Not that I am suggesting any thing its your business....Thanks for setting the record straight....I will retract my KING KONG ***** comment sorry I was just kidding .... It's got me sent to the principle more times then I can count many moons ago......

So keep up the good work in the HP wars ......As they say ...>LIMP ON<......

It will be interesting to hear more on the future mode on the Allison......Sorry for the miss understanding.....

JK thanks for the rescue and I didn't have to call !!!!!!!

MAC

Kennedy
10-23-2002, 18:03
Mack,

The guy who calls (or used to) is the one (in this thread) jabbing needles in people's sides. When one does such a thing, he should ask himself how many needles HE could take before he takes action or hauls off and belts the stick-er? What goes around comes around...

[ 10-23-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

PEANUTGRWR
10-23-2002, 20:31
SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO STEP ON ANY TOES JUST DOING WHAT OLE MACK WAS DOING CALLING A SPADE A SPADE LOL ;) ITS ALL GOOD