PDA

View Full Version : Installing/buying a remote starter

polaris800
10-22-2002, 07:35
I want to install a remote but I need help. Which one do I purchase and how hard are they to install. I can buy a VALIANT or a CRIMESTOPPER unit RS900ERV model for around $60.00 to $100.00 dollars. Both state that they are diesel compatable with 1000 ft starting. Now which one should I buy? Which one would install easier? Im pretty good at doing this kind of work however,I dont like cutting wires so do these units hook up into the stock wires without cutting wires? I need all the advise I can get. Starting to get cold here.

Jerry tongue.gif

carnutsx2
10-23-2002, 19:37
I cant tell you what to buy but I have used the Crimestopper in a ton of fords and they work. Look for a brand you can get remotes for, that is what seems to go bad. Any way you slice it you will have to cut some wires. You can solder and heat shrink if that makes you feel better. Now that I think about it if your going to solder you could strip the wires and solder the wires into them.

polaris800
10-24-2002, 11:22
THANKS

Alli-max
10-24-2002, 21:18
I would recommend doing that anyhow when it comes to remote starts. You dont want to start losing resistance or they MAY be some interuptions with the factory security.

Joe Duffiney
10-26-2002, 19:40
I just installed a valliant remote starter on mine. It works up to about 750 ft. You do have to order a special kit for the passlock II security system . Their instuctions were a little confusing but the tech. assitance guy was a big help.