PDA

View Full Version : Paging Chopper Bill

MountainMax
10-23-2002, 07:23
I just read your post about pulling in Colo. Your Sig doesn't say where you're from. Pleas e-mail me and tell me about your trip. I've spent alot of time in the high country and might have some suggestions on some future trips. BTW my property includes part ownership in some private lakes 4 guest cabins and a campground with five hookups and a bathhouse. I'm south of Leadville @ 10k elev. I don't live there year round cause I'm working in Texas. But I donate alot of time guiding that area in the summer for mostly law enf. people who can't afford a nice Colo. vacation. We hookem up with cheap lodging and then do just about anything. 4x4, rafting, etc. For the purposes of staying on topic... If anyone is planning a trip to the mountains with their Duramax and want some tips from where to what, safety in the mountains or how to catch big trout,...drop me a line

m.coe@ev1.net

ChopperBill
10-23-2002, 07:42
ChopperBill here! MM I live in Greeley. Have been around your area many times. I use to avoid going on I70 because of the climb. Now its a piece of cake! Spend most of our time in the Red Feather and some in Snowy Range Wy. area. We are AVT riders. The old slow poky kind. Just go for the scenery and no fast pace trail riding. Dont hunt or fish anymore.
Also am not sure of the off post deal so will leave at that.

MountainMax
10-23-2002, 07:53
The only way to enjoy the mountains in the summer is slow. I'm starting to slow down on skis in the winter. I agree. Passes in Colo. are alot more enjoyable since the Duramax. Not to mention gradebraking which I tend to use on steep off-road 4x4 situations alot. If you're going to be in the area. Drop me an e-mail.