PDA

View Full Version : ? For Juice Owners

DrL30047
07-15-2002, 11:52
I am interested in having the power boasted on my '01 2500HD D/A CC LB which I use for towing. My hesitation is this: I've had a stroke and have very little use of my right arm. I could get my mechanic to install the unit, but I'm concerned about what would happen if my truck developed a problem on the road and I needed to remove the unit prior to taking the truck into a dealer.

How easy is it to remove these units? Could my wife do it? Are there any power boast add-ons that don't need to be removed before the dealer looks at the truck?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HawgGuy
07-15-2002, 12:40
You need the use of both hands to disconnect the stock connectors and connect the juice. Not much in the way of arm strength, but you do need to manipulate the retaining levers of the connectors.

I have no doubt whatsoever that your wife can install this and easily uninstall if necessary.

-bob

P.S. I can scan & FAX/email you the installation instructions for the juice if you'd like to evaluate the difficulty for yourself.

[ 07-15-2002: Message edited by: HawgGuy ]</p>

DMAXDiva
07-15-2002, 13:43
Drl30047:

As one of the few female contributors (and even fewer still that have the Juice box on their trucks :D ) on this forum, I can honestly tell you that your wife will have absolutely no problem installing and/or removing the box. I will tell you, however, that if she is very short, you might want to carry a small stepladder or stool with you during your travels in the event that the unit needs to be disconnected. I'm 5'10" tall, but I still have some difficulty accessing the ECM/TCM for installation.

Let me also say that the Juice is a very worthwhile investment...I absolutely LOVE IT!

Kennedy
07-15-2002, 17:20
I think if it was required, I could do it one handed. Tis would be even more likely for someone who has learned to do things this way as a way of life. The Juice/Amp stands as the only one with this simple capability.

DrL30047
07-15-2002, 20:19
Thanks for the offer HawgGuy. My fax # is: 770-279-2193.